- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit with Seven Women, a social enterprise working to help disadvantaged women in Nepal
- Tour a community greenhouse, discover how the produce is grown, and learn the names of vegetables in Nepali
- Find out how to make traditional Nepalese dishes passed down over generations
- Dig into a meal prepared by you and new friends!
Participate in a traditional cooking class full of fun and flavour, as you visit with a unique social enterprise (Seven Women) that has changed the lives of more than 5,000 disadvantaged women in Nepal.
Take a Kathmandu cooking class with heart on a tour that takes you into the office of a local social enterprise helping marginalised women.
The class will be run at the Seven Women headquarters in Kathmandu, where you will meet some of the women of Seven Women and hear the stories of how this social enterprise has made such a massive difference in Nepal through its literacy classes, skills training, and income generation programs. You’ll learn how Seven Women began and has grown from seven women operating out of a tin shed to now assisting more than 1,000 women.
First up, you’ll be taken on a tour through our local greenhouse, where you’ll learn about Nepalese vegetables and other seasonal produce, and the practice of greenhouse farming.
Once you have a grasp on the local ingredients, you’ll learn some delicious Nepalese recipes, all of which will be explained by local women who have passed them along through the generations. You will be guided through the recipe preparation and local methods while you learn to cook some of Nepal’s most traditional and tasty dishes.
After the meal is made, we’ll all sit down to dine together.
- Transportation to and from the Seven Women Centre
- Local English-speaking teacher
- Souvenirs from the shop and items of a personal nature.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this In Focus: Cook in Kathmandu tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 66 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
In Focus: Cook in Kathmandu tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this In Focus: Cook in Kathmandu tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Hotel Marshyangdi, Chaksibari Marg, Thamel, KathmanduMeeting end point :
Hotel Marshyangdi, Chaksibari Marg, Thamel, KathmanduCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.