- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Best view of Everest from Gokyo Ri
- Explore beautiful fifth and fourth Lakes
- Visit historical Sherpa museum and Saturday market in Namche Bazaar
- Enjoy the view from Renjo La pass
To arrive at Gokyo Valley we will follow the Dudh Kosi River from the Sherpa villages of Namche Bazaar and Khumjung. The Gokyo trek is not as frequented as the popular Everest Base Camp trek giving more pristine nature and great trekking trails. This trek is full of highlights but a special one will be the day of hiking up Gokyo Ri at an altitude of 5360m. Gokyo Ri probably provides the best viewpoint, compared with all other treks in Nepal. You will be able to get fantastic views of the vast Ngozumpa Glacier and enjoy a panoramic view of four of the world's highest peaks above 8,000m, namely Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Cho Oyu and Mt. Makalu. You will also be able to get amazing views of Gokyo village itself and its surrounding emerald green lakes.
We will go via Renjo la pass return to Namche Bazaar via the Sherpa villages of Thame
The Gokyo valley trek is considered a typical trek and is suitable for everyone. If you are reasonably fit and have a sense of adventure you will definitely find this trek a good pick.
The itinerary is designed on a way so that we will acclimatize gradually so as to avoid all kinds of altitude sickness. During the trek we will be staying at guesthouses and tea houses for the night.
Our professional mountain guide and porters will take care of you on this great adventure.
I could not recommend this trek enough, it offers absolutely stunning views and Gokyo Ri is quite easy to do even being at a very high altitude. And don't be put off by monsoon rains.”
Day 1: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2886m) - Trek to Phakding
Day 2: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440 m.) (5 hours)
Day 3: Rest at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization.
Day 4: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole (4040m.) via Khumjung,
Day 5: Trek from Dole to Machhermo (4150m) (5 hours)
Day 6: Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo (4750m) (4.5 hours)
Day 7: Rest day at Gokyo
Day 8: Gokyo-Renjola pass- Marlung
Day 9: Marlung-Thame-Namche Bazaar(441m)
Day 10: Namche-Phakding-Lukla(2800m)
Day 11: Fly Back to Kathmandu from Lukla
- 1 Professional and licensed mountain guide
- Airport pick-up and drop-off services
- All necessary trekking permits
- All meals during the trek - breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Accommodation in tea houses and lodges during the trek
- Necessary equipment such as sleeping bag, down jacket (Rented )
- Insurance, salary, equipment etc for the Nepali staff
- First Aid kit
- Flight ticket from Kathmandu to Lukla and from Lukla back to Kathmandu.
- farewell Dinner
- Trip complete certificate
- Luggage storage facilities
- International airfares to Nepal
- Nepal visa fee (USD 40 for 30 days)
- Porter if necessary ( Available on booking add on )
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu
- Personal Travel Insurance & personal expenses
- Tips for Guide and Porters
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.