- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 35
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek to the beautiful Gokyo Lakes
- Enjoy magnificent views of the Himalayas from Gokyo Ri
- Cross the Renjo La Pass
- Explore the fabled Everest region
Hit the trail for Namche Bazaar and continue your journey to the Gokyo Valley via Dole and Machhermo to reach the Gokyo Lakes. Explore the glistening bodies of water and enjoy stunning views of the Himalayas from Gokyo Ri before heading back to Lungden via the Renjo La Pass. Then continue your downhill journey via Thame and Namche to reach Lukla, from where you will catch your flight home.
The Gokyo Valley is home to six glacial lakes that hold special significance to both Hindus and Buddhists. It is also known for Gokyo Ri (5,357m), which offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains. Although not as well known as Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar, the views of Mount Everest from Gokyo Ri are said to surpass those from Kala Patthar. Other peaks that you can see from Gokyo Ri include Mount Cho Oyo (8,153m), Mount Makalu (8,475m) and Mount Lhotse (8,511m).
The other highlight of this trip is the Ngozumba Glacier, the longest glacier in Nepal that is also the source of the lakes in the Gokyo Valley. The best months for this trek are from September to December and February to May.
NCA would like to thank you for your precious time reviewing us on BM. Really appreciated and look forward organising more great adventures in the Himalaya.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
Firstly, congratulations on your successful trek to EBC. It gives us immense happiness to read such reviews, know that our clients found us very professional and had a great time in Nepal. We appreciate it a lot.
Day 1: Kathmandu – Lukla flight & trek to Phakding
Day 2: Phakding – Namche Bazaar
Day 3: Acclimatisation at Namche Bazaar
Day 4: Namche Bazaar – Dole
Day 5: Dole – Machhermo
Day 6: Machhermo – Gokyo Lakes
Day 7: Climb Gokyo Ri
Day 8: Trek to Lungden & cross the Renjo La Pass
Day 9: Lungden – Thame
Day 10: Thame – Namche Bazaar
Day 11: Namche Bazaar – Lukla
Day 12: Lukla – Kathmandu (flight)
- Airport pickup and drop-off. Domestic flight tickets: Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu
- Meals: 11 breakfasts
- Guesthouse accommodation during the trek
- An experienced, English-speaking tour guide
- Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park permits and Khumbu Pashang Lhamu Rural Municipality tax
- A first aid medical kit & an oximeter
- A sleeping bag, down jacket & a duffel bag (to be returned after the trek is over)
- Nepal visa fees (USD 30 for 15 days and USD 50 for 30 days)
- International flight tickets
- Hotel in Kathmandu (we can assist with booking hotel in the city if required)
- Travel insurance covering high-altitude climbing as well as accidents, emergencies and chopper evacuation
- Meals except those mentioned on the itinerary. Bar and beverage bills
- Expenses that are personal in nature, such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc
- Porter for carrying luggage (can add on when booking)
- Tips to your guide and porter
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section or the itinerary
- Earn US$ 30+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- An average group size of maximum 8 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.