- Excellent Opportunity to Climb a Gokyo Peak
- Enjoy stunning views of Everest and other eight thousanders
- Visit around turquoise colored mesmerizing Gokyo Lakes
- Explore local Sherpas culture, tradition and lifestyle
Embark on our Gokyo Lakes adventure which is designed for proper acclimatization for trekkers. The major highlights of this trek are huge Ngozumpa Glacier moraine which is the source of milky white Dudhkoshi River. Another exciting thing about this trek is the chance to be at the top of Gokyo Ri, that offers excellent views of Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Baruntse and Mt. Cho Oyu including top of the world Mt. Everest.
We initiate our Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek after taking a short and scenic half and hour flight to Lukla airstrip from capital city of Kathmandu. As we arrive at Namche we make our way towards culturally rich villages of Thame, Monjo that leads us towards beautiful Gokyo valley. We will visit across the magical turquoise colored Gokyo lakes and continue our journey by hiking up the Gokyo Ri. From the top, enjoy the finest Himalayan views, glacier moraines and lakes.
After experiencing these magical moments, we return towards Namche, Lukla and conclude our trek by boarding a flight back to Kathmandu. Any fit person with passion towards exploring the foothills of Himalayas can join this trek.
Please check the itinerary for more details of the tour.
We initiate our Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek after taking a scenic domestic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. After meeting our porter team at Lukla, we start our trekking activity towards Phakding walking along the DudhKoshi River. This will be our first overnight stay at local teahouse in our trek.
During the first few days, we walk through beautiful rhododendron forests, ascending above the river, cross Jorsale and arrive at our first acclimatization point Namche Bazar. Namche Bazar is the economic and tourist hub at Khumbu region that with plenty of shopping and day hiking experiences.
Proper acclimatization is important during this Gokyo trek and today will be our first rest day and we will hike up towards the Everest view hotel to enjoy beautiful views of Everest Himalayan panoramas. Going high and descending back to Namche for overnight stay is a golden rule to adapt according to increasing altitudes. We stay second night at Namche.
We start our trekking day leaving behind Namche Bazar and take the northeastern trail towards Kyanjuma. We will slowly again discover the beautiful rhododendron forests. Exploring the local Sherpa settlements while making our way through culturally affluent villages, we arrive at Dole.
It will be a short and delightful trekking day today. The trekking route becomes quite steep as we cross Dole. We should get to Machhermo by lunchtime and in the afternoon there is time for an acclimatization walk up onto the ridge behind the lodge for amazing views of Thamserku and other neighboring Himalayas.
We start our day by ascending a ridge to enjoy excellent views down the valley to Kangtaiga and also up towards Cho Oyu. The valley now widens as the trail passes through Pangkha then descends to the riverbank before beginning the steep climb onto the terminal moraine of the Ngozumpo Glacier. Gokyo is a small settlement of lodges on the shores of a turquoise lake. We stay overnight at Gokyo.
Today is our second rest day of our trek at Gokyo valley and we will be hiking towards 4th lake Thonak Tso and fifth lake Ngozumba Tso. We climb up the hill and get rewarding views of gyachung Kang, Cho-Oyu, Everest, Nuptse and other Himalayan peaks. Or you also have an option to hike towards Gokyo ri today. We stay overnight at Gokyo Valley today.
We begin our day very early today to ascent the top of Gokyo Ri located at an altitude of 5360m above sea level. As we climb the views become even more fantastic and from the top we can see four of the seven highest peaks in the Nepal Himalaya: Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse and Makalu. Stretching out for miles below us is the longest glacier in Nepal - the Ngozumpo glacier, which tumbles down from the slopes of Cho Oyu. One of the best all round views in Nepal, the climb is well worth the effort. In this way we get back to Dole at the end of the day for overnight stay.
It will be mostly a downhill trek from Dole to Namche Bazar through beautiful hills, ridges, ups and downs across the refreshing rhododendron and juniper forests, having different perspective on stunning landscapes with few cultural insights too. Upon arrival at Namche Bazar we will stay overnight here.
We return to Lukla through the same route from Namche Bazar. It will be obviously mostly a downhill trek and we will make the most out of it by taking pictures enjoying the nature, flora, faunas. As we arrive at Lukla, we get ready for tomorrow’s flight back to Kathmandu.
We take a scenic mountain flight back to Kathmandu from Lukla airstrip.
- Two nights twin sharing accommodation with breakfast in a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Best available teahouse/lodge accommodation (twin sharing ) during the trek
- Staff– one professional, knowledgeable and friendly English speaking trekking leader along with an assistant guide and porters
- Round trip flight Kathmandu – Lukla– Kathmandu including departure taxes
- Airport and hotel transfers as per the itinerary
- Duffle bag, sleeping bag, and down jacket for use during the trek
- Icicles Adventure T – shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- TIMS, National Park Permits
- All government taxes & office service charge
- Nepal visa arrangement
- International airfares
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Added night/s accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, delayed departure, early return from mountain (due to any cause) than the programmed itinerary
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the programmed itinerary)
- Alcoholic drinks and cold drinks
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, bar bills, laundry, battery recharge, bottle or boiled water, hot shower, extra porters
- Personal equipments and clothing