- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 7+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Excellent Opportunity to Climb a Gokyo Peak
- Enjoy stunning views of Everest and other eight thousanders
- Visit around turquoise colored mesmerizing Gokyo Lakes
- Explore local Sherpas culture, tradition and lifestyle
Embark on our Gokyo Lakes adventure which is designed for proper acclimatization for trekkers. The major highlights of this trek are huge Ngozumpa Glacier moraine which is the source of milky white Dudhkoshi River. Another exciting thing about this trek is the chance to be at the top of Gokyo Ri, that offers excellent views of Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Baruntse and Mt. Cho Oyu including top of the world Mt. Everest.
We initiate our Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek after taking a short and scenic half and hour flight to Lukla airstrip from capital city of Kathmandu. As we arrive at Namche we make our way towards culturally rich villages of Thame, Monjo that leads us towards beautiful Gokyo valley. We will visit across the magical turquoise colored Gokyo lakes and continue our journey by hiking up the Gokyo Ri. From the top, enjoy the finest Himalayan views, glacier moraines and lakes.
After experiencing these magical moments, we return towards Namche, Lukla and conclude our trek by boarding a flight back to Kathmandu. Any fit person with passion towards exploring the foothills of Himalayas can join this trek.
Please check the itinerary for more details of the tour.
Do come back to Nepal, a small country but packed with adventure, beauty and opportunity to explore and discover....
With all our best wishes,
Icicles Adventure Treks Team”
Great level of communication from Indira before arrival in Nepal; all questions answered quickly and itinerary changes all made without issue.
Pick up from the airport and transfer easy. Stay at Kathmandu Guest House just sublime, perfect hideaway. Pre-trek meeting with Indira and Mr Hari was very helpful.
This trek is fabulous, stunning locations and you avoid the masses going to Everest BC for the t-shirt. Our trekking guide, Mr Ram, is a great guy. He dealt with all the accommodation, food, etc and is great company. He shared his extensive knowledge of the Himalayas and gave you confidence in his abilities. He got stuck in and sorted out any issues raised.
This trek takes you to the absolute beauty of Gokyo lakes and Gokyo-Ri. Its long and not for the faint-hearted, but its certainly worth the walk! I loved every minute of it.
The trip was perfectly finished by a visit to the temple at Bouda (transport by Icicles); what an amazing experience.
I will visit Nepal again and when I do, I will be booking with Icicles. Thank you Indira, Mr Hari and Mr Ram.”
We are grateful to get support from you
Icicles adventure treks and tours”
Day 1: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and Trek to Phakding
Day 2: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazar
Day 3: Acclimatization Day in Namche bazaar – Hike to Everest
Day 4: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole
Day 5: Trek from Dole to Machhermo
Day 6: Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo
Day 7: Acclimatization Day at Gokyo Valley–4th and 5th Gokyo L
Day 8: Hike Gokyo Ri from Gokyo Valley and trek back to Dole
Day 9: Trek from Dole to Namche Bazaar
Day 10: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla
Day 11: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Airport and hotel transfers, also upon arrival and departure if needed
- Round trip flight Kathmandu – Lukla– Kathmandu including departure taxes
- TIMS, Everest National Park Permits
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Local teahouse/lodge accommodation (twin sharing ) during the trek
- One English speaking guide including his salary, food, accomodation, equipment, insurance, etc
- One porter for each two trekkers including his salary, food, accmodation, equipment, and insurance
- Duffle bag, sleeping bag, and down jacket for use during the trek
- Icicles Adventure T – shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- Accommodation, food and activities in Kathmandu because of early arrival, delayed departure, early return from mountain (due to any cause) than the programmed itinerary
- Alcoholic drinks and cold drinks
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, bar bills, laundry, battery recharge, bottle or boiled water, hot shower, extra porters
- Personal equipments and clothing
- Nepal visa, international airfares, travel insurance
- Tips for guides and porters (expected)
- Earn US$ 36+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.