- Visit historical Sherpa museum and Saturday market in Namche Bazaar.
- Bird’s eye view from National park head quarter.
- Live through Sherpa culture and a glimpse of Yeti head in Khumjung village.
- Explore the Gokyo lake,View from Renjo pass ,explore the Thame monastery hidden valley.
The trek begins with a 30 minutes flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, an airport and the main entrance point to the Everest region. The trail takes us through the lush Dudkosi valley having a rich flora and fauna. We will also encounter Sherpa villages and Buddhist monasteries. After 2 days we will arrive to Namche bazaar, the capital of the Everest region. We will be spending an extra day at Namche Bazar so as to acclimatize properly. During this day we will make a small excursion to a viewpoint where Mt. Everest can be seen.
After Namche Bazar we will follow the trail to Dole, Machhermo, Luza and finally we will arrive to Gokyo village. From Gokyo village we will hike up Gokyo Ri in the morning for a great sunrise over the Himalayas. Atop Gokyo Ri we get amazing views of Mt Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, and Mt. Cho Oyu, including views of Gokyo's 5 green emerald lakes. Another highlight is the massive ice ridge between Mt. Cho Oyu and Mt. Gyangchung kang at 7,925m.
It is possible to do this trek all year around, and the best times are from the beginning of March to May and from September to December, as the weather is even more favourable. If you are able to walk 6 hours a day you can do this trek. If in doubt as to your physical fitness please add a porter upon booking.
We are looking forward to providing you with a great Himalayan adventure.
Day 2: Trek to Namche (3445m)
Day 3: Namche Bazar acclimatization day + walk to Khunde, khumjung and Everest view hotel back to Namche.
Day 4: Trek to Dole (4150m)
Day 5: Trek to Machhermo (4470m)
Day 6: Trek to Gokyo (4790m) after lunch, trekking to Fifth Lake and back to Gokyo.
Day 7: Early morning climb up to Gokyo Ri and Trek down to Dole (4150m)
Day 8: Trek back down to Namche (3445m)
Day 9: Trek to Lukla (2830m)
Day 10: Early morning flight from Lukla to Kathmandu transfer to hotel
- 1 professional mountain guide.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Trekking lodge (Tea House) accommodation during the trek.
- All necessary trekking permits and TIMS cards
- Flight ticket (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) including airport tax
- Comprehensive first aid kit box available.
- Nepal Eco Adventure Duffel bag,Sleeping bag, down Jackets and walking poles (if you don't have your own)
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service, in case of emergency (actual flight to be paid by your Travel insurance).
- Gokyo trekking route map.
- Nepal visa fee.
- Hotel and meals in kathmandu.
- Your Travel and medical insurance.
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Drinks and beverages
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Hot shower and battery charging at the tea houses.
- Tips for trekking staff (Tipping is expected).
Especially our guide shiva was very friendly. He knows nearly everything about the trek and Nepal. I will definitely come back and book again.”