- Scenic Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight passing over the Himalayas.
- Explore around the beautiful Gokyo Valley & high mountain lakes.
- Visit Namche Bazaar, the high mountain settlement & gateway to Everest.
- Trekking past raging rivers, lush forests, alpine meadows, valleys, glaciers, serene lakes
The trek provides a great opportunity to witness some of the tallest snow-capped peaks of the world including Mt. Everest. The trekking trail of the Everest region itself is the most popular trekking trail in the world passing over remote villages, lush green forests, high mountain settlements, pristine lakes and icy mountain rivers.
The trek initially starts after taking a trans-Himalayan flight from Kathmandu to Lukla then trek to Phakding. The following days are spent hiking towards Namche Bazaar then to the Gokyo Valley and exploring around Gokyo’s blue lakes. Afterwards, re-trace the route back to Lukla and fly to Kathmandu.
After landing at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, you will be received by a representative of the travel company at the arrival gate who will then transfer you to you allotted hotels. If time permits, you can either visit the city or relax at the hotel to overcome your jet lag.
The Kathmandu sightseeing trip will begin in the morning. After breakfast, you will be taken to Kathmandu Durbar (Palace) Square, one of the heritage sites where you can view many historical and cultural monuments.
Later, you will visit another heritage site known as Pashupatinath Temple. This is a sacred Hindu Temple of Lord Shiva which is always crowded with Hindu pilgrims.
After lunch, visit to Buddhist pilgrimage Swoyambhunath (known by the name of 'Monkey temple' by tourists).
Likewise, Boudhanath Shrine will be covered in the evening.
After concluding the sightseeing, there will be a seminar to discuss about the upcoming trekking plans.
You will have to wake up early as the flight to Lukla leaves very early in the morning. The scenic flight takes around 40 minutes to touch down in Lukla. You will have a whale of a time in the brisk flight as you can see the most amazing natural views from the airplane window.
After landing in Lukla, the trek to Phakding will start after lunch. You will reach Phakding before sunset where you will get ample time to stroll around the village.
From Phakding, the route gets a head start by crossing suspension bridges on the Dudh Koshi River towards Namche Bazaar. On the way, you will pass by the Sagarmatha National Park where you will see varieties of flora and fauna.
Soon, you will make a descent towards Jorsalle village crossing Bhote- Koshi River on a suspension bridge. You will reach Namche Bazaar, the main trading town also known as 'the gateway to Mt. Everest' in the Khumbu Region before sunset.
Getting acclimatized is very important while embarking on the high altitude trek. For the purpose, the day is reserved for the acclimatization process where you will spend a full day to get used to the higher altitude.
After lunch, you will be taken for a short hike towards Everest View Hotel. From the hotel premises you can see the panoramic view of the Everest region.
The day will start with a climb to Khumjung. On the route, you will pass through different chortens. After few hours of walk, the trails start descending towards Khumbila. Crossing Dudh Koshi River, you will leap your steps forwards for Phortse Thanga which will be covered by evening.
Crossing some valleys through aromatic rhododendron forests, on the day, you will proceed towards Dole. It is a high altitude village in the Everest region.
Hiking on sandy spurs, you will embark on the toughest trails towards Machhermo. You will reach Machhermo before sunset.
The trekking trail is a little difficult today as you will have to trek on steep rocky areas such as Nilibuk towards Gokyo valley. Likewise, the trails get tougher as you come across glaciers at Cho La.
After some strenuous trekking for few hours, you will come across Dudh Pokhari, whose bank will lead you towards Gokyo settlement known for offering magnificent views of summits like Cho Oyu and Gyachung Kang.
This is going be a relaxing day to overcome tiredness, and to get acclimatized to higher altitude.
However, later in the day, you can opt to go for a brisk climb to Gokyo Ri, the small peak above the lake or to relax at the camp premises. From the peak, you can embrace the picturesque views of Oyu, Gyachung Kang, Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cholatse and Tawachee.
On the day, you will make a descent towards Phortse. This is the same village which you have explored on day 6.
From Phortse, you will head towards Namche Bazaar and reach there before sunset.
This is the final day of the trek as you prepare yourself to hike to Lukla following the lower altitude trail in the Everest region. Traversing various Sherpa settlements, and hiking past some dense forest areas covered by beautiful rhododendron and pine trees, you will slowly proceed towards Lukla.
On the way, you will also see a few monasteries that represent unique Buddhist culture and tradition. You will reach Lukla before sunset.
You have completed your trekking as you wait to board a Kathmandu bound flight from Lukla. Your excitement level will proliferate as the plane flies between hills before it reaches to a required elevation. The 40 minutes flight will also give you a bird’s eye view of glorious Kathmandu city by the time it prepares to land. After landing at the Tribhuvan airport, the company representative will transfer you to you designated hotels.
The remaining day in the capital city will be all yours. You can relax at the hotel or visit markets for the final-day shopping.
As per your flight timings, you will be escorted from your hotel in Kathmandu by one of our representatives to the terminal at the Tribhuvan International Airport approximately three hours before your flight time for a safe flight back home!
- Airport pick up / drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Guided Kathmandu city tours inclusive of private vehicle and guide.
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu round trip flight fare.
- Domestic airport departure tax.
- Accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide during the trek including his transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipment and insurance.
- Sagarmatha National park entrance Permit and fees.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees. (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- First Aid medical kit.
- Duffle bag, down jacket, sleeping bag and walking pole.
- Breakfree Adventures T-shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- Farewell dinner in Authentic Nepali Restaurant.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Monuments entrance fees while sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu if needed.
- Nepal entry visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs for faster service)
- International airfare and travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Tips for guide and porters (Tipping are expected but not mandatory)
- If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, the provider can customized the itinerary as per your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
- Best Seasons: Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for this trip when the weather is clear and pleasant. However, to avoid crowd and enjoy nature this trip is favorable during the winters (Jan to Feb) as well.