- duration 16 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5550 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Tour Code BM-2020
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Explore Cultural & Heritages Sites at Kathmandu
- Thrilling Mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
- Explore Centuries old Thami and Tengboche monasteries, Learn about Sherpa culture
- Witnessing the longest glacier of Nepal, Gokyo Lake & Famous View Points Gokyo-Ri
This Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Ri Trek follows the Dudh Kosi river and has all of the benefits of the Everest Base Camp trek but with fewer visitors. You will get many moments alone with mother nature, at her fantastic best. Staggering mountain panoramas from the pinnacle viewpoint atop Gokyo Ri are the climax of the journey. Gokyo Ri is probably THE best vantage point in the Himalayas below 6000 meters.
Our professional mountain guide and staff will handle everything, understanding your interests, needs and above all safety along the way. We will of course only ascend slowly making sure that we avoid altitude sickness and acclimatize per the recommendations.
If you're looking for adventure and great trek, this Gokyo and Everest Base Camp trek is surely one of the best in Nepal!
Day 1: Fly Kathmandu to Lukla Trek to Phakding (2,652 m.)
Day 2: Trek to Namche (3,446 m.)
Day 3: Acclimatization Day Namche
Day 4: Namche to Dole (4200m)
Day 5: Trek to Machherma (4470m)
Day 6: Trek to Gokyo (4790m)
Day 7: Hike to Fifth Lake (5000m) and its surroundings
Day 8: Trek to Thangnak (4700m)
Day 9: Trek to Dzongla via Chola Pass (5330m)
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche (4910m)
Day 11: Trek to Gorakshep & Explore Everest base camp
Day 12: Hike up to Kalapthar (5550m) Trek to Dingboche (4410m)
Day 13: Trek to Tengboche(3,867m)
Day 14: Trek to Namche Bazzar (3535m)
Day 15: Trek to Lukla (2850m)
Day 16: Fly back to Kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel
- Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Round Flight ticket for Up and Down (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) with airport TAX.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking Guide.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team’s Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Group Trekking Gears.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- Meals and Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Porters to carry luggage (you can add a porter when booking).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Product Includes" Section
- Save US$ 80 today.
- Earn US$ 53+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationThe above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guide line showing tentative camp night stops. Physical, technical and natural condition may change this above itineraries.
- What is the required budget for a trip to Nepal?
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
How much will a trip to Nepal cost?
How much you spend in Nepal is largely decided by things you want to do in the country. A 5-day trekking trip in Nepal can start from as little at USD 400 per person. A weekend-long safari in Chitwan National Park is available at less than USD 200.
On average, seven days in Nepal with accommodation and some or all meals included costs anywhere between USD 700 to USD 1500 per person. Good rooms at hotels in Nepal range from USD 25 to over USD 150 per person, per night, while around USD 1.5 a day can buy you three meals in decent restaurants.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
When should I travel to Nepal?
The best time to visit Nepal is during the months of spring (March, April, and May) as well as in autumn (September, October, and early November) after the monsoon has ended. These months offer the most favorable climate for travelers, with mild temperatures and fewer chances of rainfall. Learn more.