- duration 16 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5550 meters
- Explore Cultural & Heritages Sites at Kathmandu
- Thrilling Mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
- Explore Centuries old Thami and Tengboche monasteries, Learn about Sherpa culture
- Witnessing the longest glacier of Nepal, Gokyo Lake & Famous View Points GokyoRi
This Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Ri Trek follows the Dudh Kosi river and has all of the benefits of the Everest Base Camp trek but with fewer visitors. You will get many moments alone with mother nature, at her fantastic best. Staggering mountain panoramas from the pinnacle viewpoint atop Gokyo Ri are the climax of the journey. Gokyo Ri is probably THE best vantage point in the Himalayas below 6000 meters.
Our professional mountain guide and staff will handle everything, understanding your interests, needs and above all safety along the way. We will of course only ascend slowly making sure that we avoid altitude sickness and acclimatize per the recommendations.
If you're looking for adventure and great trek, this Gokyo and Everest Base Camp trek is surely one of the best in Nepal!
We can only give them our highest recommendation!”
Day 1: Fly Kathmandu to Lukla Trek to Phakding (2,652 m.)
Day 2: Trek to Namche (3,446 m.)
Day 3: Acclimatization Day Namche
Day 4: Namche to Dole (4200m)
Day 5: Trek to Machherma (4470m)
Day 6: Trek to Gokyo (4790m)
Day 7: Hike to Fifth Lake (5000m) and its surroundings
Day 8: Trek to Thangnak (4700m)
Day 9: Trek to Dzongla via Chola Pass (5330m)
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche (4910m)
Day 11: Trek to Gorakshep & Explore Everest base camp
Day 12: Hike up to Kalapthar (5550m) Trek to Dingboche (4410m)
Day 13: Trek to Tengboche(3,867m)
Day 14: Trek to Namche Bazzar (3535m)
Day 15: Trek to Lukla (2850m)
Day 16: Fly back to Kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel
- Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Round Flight ticket for Up and Down (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) with airport TAX.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking Guide.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team’s Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Group Trekking Gears.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- Meals and Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Porters to carry luggage (you can add a porter when booking).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Product Includes" Section
- Earn US$ 49+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationThe above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guide line showing tentative camp night stops. Physical, technical and natural condition may change this above itineraries.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.