- Sightseeing tour
- duration 16 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5545 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Enjoy a stunning trek through one of the most beautiful regions in the Himalayas
- Enjoy the best views of Mt. Everest from Gokyo Ri and Gokyo Lake
- Discover remote mountain passes and untouched natural beauty
- Become a part of a unique culture
Join this trek for some of the most stunning views of the Himalayas as we take you past beautiful valleys and deep gorges, majestic glaciers and glacial rivers and villages that have maintained ancient traditions and cultures since ages.
Start with cultural and historical sites in Kathmandu Valley, before heading to the immensely beautiful Gokyo Valley. The trek starts with a scenic flight over rolling hills and flowing rivers and you're treated to unparalleled views of the lofty Himalayas. Next up is a trek through old-world settlements to the Namche Bazaar. Prayer flags, prayer wheels and Mani stones, rhododendron forests, ancient monasteries and suspension bridges are just some of the things that keep you company on this trek.
Namche Bazaar is a bustling hub in the Khumbu region, the ideal place for acclimatization. Trekking continues to a higher altitude towards the ancient monasteries in Tengboche and Dingboche before we move on to the iconic Everest Base Camp.
Trekkers then return to Lobuche before going for Thangan through the challenging Cho La Pass. Witness marvelous mountain scenery from the pass, discover a unique culture and ancient tradition of the Sherpa community before ending your trek in the beautiful city of Kathmandu.
The formidable Cho La Pass (5,420m), the largest glacier of Ngozumba and Gokyo village (one of the highest settlements in the world) are some of the strong reasons to join this trek.
An added value that the organization consists entirely of its own people from there and that, for example, they do not exploit the carriers! A fair reliable local organization that provides a very qualitative and personal service!
organizational: completely successful!
The communication in advance, pick me up at the airport and EVERYTHING in between until the drop me back at the airport for the return trip: everything was arranged!
By banal throat infection after the peak ascent yet with heli to hospital ... where people from Trekking Planner were there to assist me, Dipak came to visit me personally and check if everything went well ... 3 days later I was in Pokhara enjoy (with antibiotics)! Good insurance is extremely important! Hint: European assistance 'world sport'.
The trekking & Peak climb: A dream trip that has come true !!
The guide (Gyeljan) and the wearer (Nuri) did everything to make it an unforgettable journey; two fanatic people! If necessary, adjustments could be made on site at all times.
Bungee and Pokhara: completely successful!
The few extra days planned with Dipak on site.
In Pokhara I was welcomed and dropped off at a very pleasant hotel close to Phewa Lake.”
From the first moment when I arrived in Nepal there was always someone taking care of me. I was picked up at the airport, bus stations and so on. During the sightseeing tours in Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan I had really nice guides who made this time unforgettable for me. After one week of traveling in Nepal I ve started a trekking tour from Lukla to the Everest Base Camp and the Gokyo Valley including the Cho La Pass. This tour was also perfectly organized and I had the best guide I could imagine. We were always laughing and we had a lot of fun. Most evenings we spent together in the tea houses and it was great to listen to his experience in the mountains.
At the end I think my trip to Nepal could not have been better and I m really thankful to Dipak and his team. If you are thinking about a trip to Nepal and you need some help with the organization I can warmly recommend TREKKING PLANER.”
Day 1: Flight to Lukla (2828m/9279ft) 35m and trek to Phakding
Day 2: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11287ft)
Day 3: Rest day at Namche Bazaar
Day 4: Trek to Tengboche (3860m/12632ft)
Day 5: Trek to Dingboche (4350m/14272ft)
Day 6: Rest day Dingboche
Day 7: Trek to Lobuche (4910m//16109ft)
Day 8: Trek to Gorakshep(5180m/16995ft)-Everest Base Camp
Day 9: Trek to Kala Pattar (5545m/18193ft)to Dzonglha (4830m)
Day 10: Trek to Thangna (4700m//15420ft)via Chola pass (5420m)
Day 11: Trek to Gokyo (4750m/15584ft)
Day 12: Full day in Gokyo
Day 13: Trek to Dole (4200m/13780ft)
Day 14: Trek to Namche (3440m/11286ft)
Day 15: Trek to Lukla (2828m/9279ft)
Day 16: Fly back to Kathmandu-(1350m/4430ft)
- All airport pick-up & drop by private vehicle (international and domestic)
- Welcome dinner in an authentic restaurant in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight including airport tax
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS card)
- English speaking, government licensed guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance
- Aaccommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek
- First aid kit
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Sleeping bag and down jackets (if you don't have your own), t-shirt, cap, duffel bags, city and trekking route maps
- All necessery government taxes and service charges
- Your Nepal visa fees and 2 passport size photos
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu
- All meals and accommodation in Kathmandu and meals during the traveling time
- Food and accomodations in case of early arrivals from the trek or late departures from airport
- Your personal expenses such as (laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter etc)
- Tips for the trekking crew
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, altitude sickness can be treated and the trekker may wish to continue. If not, the rest of the group can continue on if they want and the sick person can descend.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.