- duration 15 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Maximum altitude 5555 meters
- See spectacular mountain views from Kala Patthar
- Cross the world famous pass Chola La at 5,420 m
- Climb Gokyo peak for an Amazing view of Nogzumba glacier with Gokyo Lake
- An Amazing experience of Everest Base camp and climbing Kalapatthar
The Everest Base Camp, Gokyo Cho La Pass trek offers breathtaking mountain views from Chukung, Kala Patthar and Gokyo Ri. This trek is also known as "The Ultimate Trek," because it includes all that Khumbu has to offer: from beautiful Himalayan terrain and spectacular mountain panoramas, to hospitable local villages and Sherpa Buddhist monasteries, espousing the local Buddhist culture.
Beginning with a scenic flight to Lukla from Kathmandu, we follow the trail to Namche Bazzar along the Dudhkoshi (milky) river valley. We then make our way towards the Everest Base Camp (5,550m). Veering off the main trail and crossing the Cho La Pass at 5,330m, we finally reach the Everest Base Camp.
Along the trail, we will pass several yak grazing fields and visit the Gokyo lakes. This is where we climb the Gokyo Ri peak and get magnificent panoramic views of the greatest mountain scenery in the world - including five giants peaks above 8,000m: Everest, Choyu, Makalu, Kanchanjunga and Lhotse. Besides these giants, we also get some great views of countless other peaks of the Khumbu Region.
Finally, we will drop to the other side of the Khumbu valley which takes us to Kala Patthar (5,545m), where we come face to face with Mt Everest.
However, there are few things i would have like to be different in the trip. It was not easy to maintain a good hygiene as there are no hot showers except for in a very few (i think 2) places we stop for the day during the trek. So, it will be better to have wet wipes with you to get cleaned.”
Day 1: Flight to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2700 meters)
Day 2: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
Day 3: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazar (3,440m)
Day 4: Trek to Tengboche. (3860 meters) 5 hours.
Day 5: Tengboche to Dingboche (4350 meters) 5.30 hours.
Day 6: Dingboche to Lobuche (4910 meters) 5 hours.
Day 7: Trek to Everest Base Camp- back to Gorekshep.
Day 8: Hike up to Kalapattar and trek back to Dzongla
Day 9: Dzongla to Thangna (4650 m.)
Day 10: Thangna to Gokyo (4750m.)
Day 11: Rest day at Gokyo Explore Gokyo ri
Day 12: Climb Gokyo Ri (5483m.) and trek to Machhermo
Day 13: Machhermo to Namche Bazaar (3440 m.)
Day 14: Namche to Lukla
Day 15: Morning flight back to Kathmandu. 30 minutes.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private vehicle.
- All your stander Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Tea House hotel accommodation during the trek.
- A highly experienced, helpful and government license holder Guide, ( Lukla to Lukla) his food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments, medicine.
- Round Trip flight fare Kathmandu - Lukla
- National Park permits.
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System.)
- All ground transportation.
- All our government taxes.
- Official expanse.
- All ground transportation.
- Sleeping bag, down Jacket, Duffel bag and walking Poles (if you don’t have your own, To be return after trip completed)
- Treking route map
- Medical supplies, first aid kit box, including Oximeter and pulse meter checker.
- Helicopter return to Lukla
- Hotel and Activities in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance. (Compulsory)
- International air fare.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Porter if needed.
- Earn US$ 44+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?