- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Soak up the scenery on less crowded trails in the Everest region
- Cross the Renjo La (5400m) and climb Gokyo Ri for one of Nepal's best and broadest views of 8000m peaks
- Walk alongside Ngozumba glacier, the longest glacier in the himalayas
- Trek through Sherpa villages to the stunning turquoise Gokyo Lakes
A spectacular high altitude trek to the sublime Gokyo Lakes, with a crossing of the Renjo La into the Thame Valley offering unparalleled views of Mount Everest.. The perfect trek for those who wish to avoid the busier trails in the Everest region but still gain stunning views of Everest. Trekking slowly through Sherpa villages and yak pastures we emerge into the stunning Gokyo Valley with its beautiful lakes, and from where we ascend Gokyo Ri for one of the finest views of Everest and surrounding peaks including Cho Oyu in Tibet. From our remote high camp west of Gokyo we prepare for the highlight of the trek, the crossing of the Renjo La. The views of Everest are incredible as we weave our way to the top of the pass at 5400m, before our descent to Mirlung along a rarely trodden trail where we are unlikely to see other trekkers. Undeniably trekking at its best in the Everest region.
Day 1 : Join Kathmandu
Day 2 : Free day in Kathmandu or drive to Ramechap (approx 5 hours)
Day 3 : Fly to Lukla (2800m). Trek to Ghat (2530m). Walk approx 2 hours
Day 4 : To Monjo (2850m). Walk approx 4-5 hours
Day 5 : To Namche (3440m). Walk approx 4-5 hours
Day 6 : To Kyangjuma (3610m) Walk approx 3-4 hours
Day 7 : To Phortse Tenga (3600m). Walk approx 6 hours
Day 8 : To Dole (4000m). Walk approx 3 hours
Day 9 : To Machhermo (4410m). Walk approx 3 hours
Day 10 : To Gokyo (4759m). Walk approx 5-6 hours
Day 11 : Ascent of Gokyo Ri (5483m) or walk to Ngozumba Tsho. Walk approx 6-7 hours
Day 12 : Cross Renjo La (5400m) to Lungden. Walk approx. 7-8 hours
Day 13 : To Thame village. Walk approx 5 hours
Day 14 : To Monjo (2850m). Walk approx 5-6 hours.
Day 15 : To Lukla (2800m). Walk approx 2-3 hrs
Day 16 : Fly to Kathmandu or return via Ramechap
Day 17 : Trip concludes Kathmandu.
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 17 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu
- Accommodation on trek in a combination of comfortable eco lodges, and our private eco-comfort camps with off the ground camp beds, mattresses and pillows
- 16 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 14 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$650
- Return flights to/from Lukla included
- An extra 5kg luggage allowance on Lukla flight, total 20kg
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, sleeping bag liner, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
- Porter's insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes.
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 94+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gokyo & the Renjo La in Comfort tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 December 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gokyo & the Renjo La in Comfort tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gokyo & the Renjo La in Comfort tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, altitude sickness can be treated and the trekker may wish to continue. If not, the rest of the group can continue on if they want and the sick person can descend.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.