- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Soak up the scenery on less crowded trails in the Everest region
- Cross the Renjo La (5400m) and climb Gokyo Ri for one of Nepal's best and broadest views of 8000m peaks
- Trek through Sherpa villages to the stunning turquoise Gokyo Lakes
- Enjoy a fully supported camping based trek including three hearty meals per day prepared by our cooks
A spectacular high altitude trek to the sublime Gokyo Lakes, with a crossing of the Renjo La into the Thame Valley offering unparalleled views of Mount Everest.. The perfect trek for those who wish to avoid the busier trails in the Everest region but still gain stunning views of Everest. Trekking slowly through Sherpa villages and yak pastures we emerge into the stunning Gokyo Valley with its beautiful lakes, and from where we ascend Gokyo Ri for one of the finest views of Everest and surrounding peaks including Cho Oyu in Tibet. From our remote high camp west of Gokyo we prepare for the highlight of the trek, the crossing of the Renjo La. The views of Everest are incredible as we weave our way to the top of the pass at 5400m, before our descent to Mirlung along a rarely trodden trail where we are unlikely to see other trekkers. Undeniably trekking at its best in the Everest region.
Day 1 : Join Kathmandu
Day 2 : Free day in Kathmandu or drive to Ramechap (approx 5 hours)
Day 3 : Fly to Lukla (2800m). Trek to Ghat (2530m). Walk approx 2 hours
Day 4 : To Monjo (2850m). Walk approx 4-5 hours
Day 5 : To Namche (3440m). Walk approx 4-5 hours
Day 6 : To Kyangjuma (3610m) Walk approx 3-4 hours
Day 7 : To Phortse Tenga (3600m). Walk approx 6 hours
Day 8 : To Dole (4000m). Walk approx 3 hours
Day 9 : To Machhermo (4410m). Walk approx 3 hours
Day 10 : To Gokyo (4759m). Walk approx 5-6 hours
Day 11 : Ascent of Gokyo Ri (5483m) or walk to Ngozumba Tsho. Walk approx 6-7 hours
Day 12 : Cross Renjo La (5400m) to Lungden. Walk approx. 7-8 hours
Day 13 : To Thame village. Walk approx 5 hours
Day 14 : To Monjo (2850m). Walk approx 5-6 hours.
Day 15 : To Lukla (2800m). Walk approx 2-3 hrs
Day 16 : Fly to Kathmandu or return via Ramechap
Day 17 : Trip concludes Kathmandu.
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 17 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in a combination of our comfortable eco lodges and permanent campsites with off the ground camp beds, mattresses and pillows and some wilderness camping
- 16 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 14 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$650
- Return flights to/from Lukla included
- An extra 5kg luggage allowance on Lukla flight, total 20kg
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, sleeping bag liner, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
- Porter's insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes.
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 129 today.
- Save US$ 86+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gokyo & the Renjo La tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Gokyo & the Renjo La tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gokyo & the Renjo La tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
Twin Share room may not always be available for solo travelers, as it depends on each individual tour departure. If Twin Share room is not available for the departure you have booked, we will let you know.