- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cross the Tilman Pass from the south and be dwarfed by the surrounding 6000m peaks that form the highest mountain range in the world
- Trek to the sacred Hindu lakes of Panch Pokhari, one of the highest altitude wetlands in the world
- Contribute to the earthquake devastated communities in Langtang
- Explore the stunning Langtang region on Stage 4 of the Great Himalaya Trail
In the footsteps of Tilman, we trace the popular pilgrim trail to Panch Pokhari Lakes, make a crossing of the remote and heavily glaciated Tilman Pass (5308m), and then witness the rebuilding and rejuvenation that is underway in the Langtang Valley.. Thousands of pilgrims climb to the sacred Panch Pokhari Lakes during the monsoon, but it will be very unlikely we'll see a soul as we trace their steps. From the bazaar town of Chautara we gradually ascend a long ridge, the Kami Danda, with fabulous views east and west of a chain of mountains that form a natural border with Tibet. W.H. Tilman was the first European to explore this region in 1949, and very few have ever retraced his footsteps. The challenging Tilman Pass leads to Langshisa and the upper Langtang Valley, which offers photogenic sunsets in this wonderful National Park that is beginning to rebuild following the April 2015 earthquake.
During this trek there will be sections where the trail is very rugged or ill-defined. Space in some camp sites will also be very limited. It may be necessary to make changes to the itinerary at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as adverse weather, snow or trail conditions, river water levels, or group movement. Your trip leader will advise any changes should this occur. All participants on the GHT should be flexible and open minded. The GHT should be seen as exploratory in the true sense of the word.
Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2 : In Kathmandu (1330m)
Day 3 : Transfer by road from Kathmandu to Chautara (1450m), drive approx. 3 hrs
Day 4-5 : Commence trek to Kami Kharka (2810m).
Day 6-7 : To Pauwa Pass (3000m/6hrs) & Hile Bhanjyang (3400m/4.5hrs).
Day 8-9 : To Nasim Pati (3700m/4hrs) & Panch Pokhari (4074m/3hrs).
Day 10-11 : To Tin Pokhari (4255m).
Day 12-13 : Cross Tilman Pass (5308m) to north high camp (4720m).
Day 14 : To Kyangjin Gompa (3830m), approx. 7hrs.
Day 15-16 : To Ghoratabela (3030m) & Syabru Besi (1503m).
Day 17 : Transfer by road to Kathmandu.
Day 18 : Trip concludes Kathmandu.
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 18 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Accommodation at the Radisson hotel in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in our fully serviced wilderness campsites
- 17 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 14 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$700
- Expert bilingual guide and group medical kit
- World Expeditions accredited mountaineering leader
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Climbing pack including ice axe, crampons, harness and helmet
- Safety equipment including high altitude chamber and satellite phone
- Expedition medical kit
- World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment and porter's insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 144 today.
- Save US$ 95+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this GHT Langtang via Tilman Pass tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
GHT Langtang via Tilman Pass tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this GHT Langtang via Tilman Pass tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.