- duration 25 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Embark on the first stage of the famed Great Himalaya Trail
- Marvel at the stunning views of the immense north face of Kanchenjunga
- Immerse yourself in Limbu, Sherpa and Rai cultures
- Enjoy a fully supported trek, with hearty meals prepared by our cooks
The Kanchenjunga Exploratory is the first stage of the Great Himalaya Trail and passes through stunning mountain scenery under the immense north face of Kanchenjunga before turning towards the west where we cross the Nango La.. The Kanchenjunga Exploratory is the first stage of our inaugural Great Himalaya Trail and passes through stunning mountain scenery under the immense north face of Kanchenjunga before turning towards the west where we cross the Nango La, before looping back to our starting point at Suketar.
During this trek there will be sections where the trail is very rugged or ill-defined, some trails have been trekked only once by a small party, and so the going will be tough. Space in some camp sites will also be very limited. It may be necessary to make changes to the itinerary at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as adverse weather, snow or trail conditions, river water levels, or group movement. Your trip leader will advise any changes should this occur. All participants on the GHT should be flexible and open minded. The GHT should be seen as exploratory in the true sense of the word.
Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2 : In Kathmandu (1330m)
Day 3 : Fly Bhadrapur (2420m). Drive to Ilam. Approx. 5hrs drive.
Day 4 : Drive to Taplejung (1820m). Drive approx. 4-5hrs.
Day 5 : To Mitlung (1542m), walk approx. 4 hrs.
Day 6 : To Chiruwa (1270m), walk approx. 6-7hrs.
Day 7-8 : To Sukathum (1576m) walk approx. 6hrs, & Amjilosa (2308m) walk approx. 6hrs.
Day 9-11 : To Gyabla (2730m), walk approx. 6hrs, and to Ghunsa (3595m), walk approx. 6hrs.
Day 12 : To Kangpachen (4050m), walk approx. 6-7hrs.
Day 13 : To Lhonak (4780m), walk approx. 6-7hrs
Day 14 : Kanchenjunga Base Camp (4050m), walk approx. 7hrs.
Day 15-16 : Return trek to Ghunsa
Day 17 : To Nango La Camp (4776m), walk approx. 5.5hrs
Day 18-19 : Cross Nango La (4776m) to Nasa Kharka (3430m / 7hrs) & Olangchun Gola (3191m/ 8hrs).
Day 20-22 : To River Side Camp (1750m), Chiruwa & Phurumbu (1542m).
Day 23 : Return to Suketar (2420m), walk approx. 4hrs.
Day 24 : To Kathmandu by air (1330m)
Day 25 : Trip concludes Kathmandu
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 25 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in our fully serviced wilderness campsites
- 24 breakfasts, 21 lunches and 21 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$950
- Flights Kathmandu/Biratnagar/Suketar & Suketar/Kathmandu US$316 approx
- Expert bilingual guide
- 25kgs luggage allowance
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Expedition medical kit
- Safety equipment including high altitude chamber and satellite phone
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment and porter's insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 250 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 166 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 329 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 16 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
GHT Kanchenjunga Exploratory tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this GHT Kanchenjunga Exploratory tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.