- duration 28 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take in views of Mount Everest from the picturesque Gokyo Lakes
- Climb Gokyo Ri (5483m) and cross the Renjo La and Tashi Labsta Pass
- Experience local hospitality at Gurung and Tamang villages
- Recharge on a fully supported trek with three hearty meals per day
This is the third stage of our GHT trek with highlights including stunning views of Mount Everest from the picturesque Gokyo Lakes and crossings of the Renjo La and challenging Tashi Labsta pass.. This stage of our GHT trek begins on the spectacular trail to the Gokyo valley for views of Mt Everest (8848m) from Gokyo Ri and crossing the stunning Renjo La. The challenging approach to the glaciated Tashi Labsta Pass (5760m) from Thame is as magnificent as it is demanding but the effort is rewarded with fantastic mountain vistas. After crossing two immense glaciers the descent of the Rolwaling valley through picturesque Sherpa villages is a great introduction for the equally hospitable Gurung and Tamang villages. The final challenge is a section of wild ridge-top rhododendron forests before descending to the nunnery at Bigu Gompa and transferring by road to Kathmandu.
During this trek there will be sections where the trail is very rugged or ill-defined. Space in some camp sites will also be very limited. It may be necessary to make changes to the itinerary at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as adverse weather, snow or trail conditions, river water levels, or group movement. Your trip leader will advise any changes should this occur. All participants on the GHT should be flexible and open minded. The GHT should be seen as exploratory in the true sense of the word.
Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2 : In Kathmandu (1330m)
Day 3 : Fly Lukla (2800m). Trek to Ghat (2530m), walk approx. 2hrs.
Day 4 : To Monjo (2850m), walk approx. 4-5hrs.
Day 5 : To Namche Bazaar (3440m), walk approx. 3-4hrs.
Day 6 : Rest day Namche Bazaar
Day 7 : To Portse Tenga (3600m), walk approx. 6hrs.
Day 8 : To Dole (4000m), walk approx. 3hrs.
Day 9-10 : To Machhermo (4410m), walk approx. 3hrs, & rest day Machhermo.
Day 11 : To Gokyo (4759m), walk approx. 5-6hrs.
Day 12-13 : Ascent of Gokyo Ri (5483m), walk approx. 4hrs to Renjo La High Camp.
Day 14 : Cross Renjo La (5400m) to Taranga (4368m), walk approx. 6.5hrs.
Day 15 : Trek to Thame (3820m), walk approx. 3hrs
Day 16-17 : To Parchemuche Tsho (4780m/ 6.5hrs), & Rest day.
Day 18-19 : To Cave Camp (5665m/ 5.5hrs). Cross Tashi Labsta (5760m) to Trakarding Glacier (4735m), walk approx. 7.5hrs.
Day 20-21 : To Kabug (4820m/ 4.5hrs) & Beding (3740m/ 5hrs).
Day 22-23 : To Dokhang (2791m/ 5.5hrs) & Simigaon (2036m/ 5hrs).
Day 24-26 : Trek down valley to Bigu Gompa (2516m).
Day 27 : Transfer by road from Bigu Gompa to Kathmandu
Day 28 : Trip concludes Kathmandu
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 28 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Accommodation at the Radisson Hotel in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in our fully serviced wilderness campsites
- 27 breakfasts, 24 lunches and 24 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$1250
- Flight Kathmandu/Lukla valued at US$161
- Expert bilingual guide
- 25kgs luggage allowance
- Expedition medical kit
- Safety equipment including high altitude chamber and satellite phone
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Climbing pack including ice axe, crampons, harness and helmet
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment and porter's insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 220 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 146 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 319 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 24 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
GHT Everest & Rolwaling Traverse via Tashi Labsta Pass tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this GHT Everest & Rolwaling Traverse via Tashi Labsta Pass tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.