- Local culture
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See breathtaking views of the western Himalayas
- Experience Gurung culture firsthand
- Admire the pristine landscape surrounding Ghale Gaun
- Enjoy performances of traditional Gurung music and dance
Join us on this five-day guided trip to Ghale Gaun and travel to one of the most popular homestay villages in Nepal that is also known for preserving its authentic Gurung culture. We will meet you at the airport in Kathmandu on arrival and drive you to your hotel in the city. The journey begins on the second day when you head for Beshisahar, one of the entry points for those looking to explore the Annapurna region, followed by a drive to Ghale Gaun. Spend the third day of the trip exploring the surrounding areas and learning more about the people and their culture before leaving for Kathmandu the next day.
Situated at the altitude of 2,095 metres, Ghale Gaun has emerged as one of the most popular destinations for both domestic and international travelers looking to experience local culture while enjoying beautiful scenery around. Some of the mountains that you can see from this beautiful village are Machapuchare, Annapurna II, Annapurna, Annapurna IV, Lamjung Himal, Himalchuli and Bouddha Himal.
Adding to is popularity is the way the locals have preserved their culture despite all odds. Traditional customs are still followed during births, deaths, marriages and other rituals, while age-old song-and-dance forms like jyaure, serka, dohori, ghatu, sorathi, jankri, etc, are performed on various occasions accompanied by different musical instruments.
If you are looking for an opportunity to escape from the hustle and bustle of Nepal's cities and explore the hidden wonders of its villages, then this is an ideal trip for you. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2: Drive to Beshisahar and then to Ghale Gaun
Day 3: Explore Ghale Gaun
Day 4: Drive from Ghale Gaun to Kathmandu
Day 5: Kathmandu departure
- Pickup and drop-off transfer on the first and the last day of the tour
- Meals: 1 breakfast only
- Two nights’ accommodation on a twin-share basis at a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
- Best available homestay accommodation (twin-share) during the trip
- A professional, English-speaking guide
- Kathmandu to Beshishahar and Beshishahar to Kathmandu public bus tickets
- A duffle bag, sleeping bag and a down jacket for personal use during the trip (must be returned after the tour is over)
- A t-shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate from Icicles Adventure
- A first aid kit
- TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area permit
- All government taxes
- Nepal visa fees
- International airfare
- Travel insurance
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure or early return
- Meals not included on the itinerary
- All kind of drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, bottled or boiled water, hot shower, etc
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Earn US$ 20+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.