- Festivals and events
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience Bhutan's colourful, vibrant masked dance festivals
- Visit the Paro Dzong and the incredible 'Tiger's Nest' monastery at Taktsang
- Drive across the Dochu La and visit Punakha Dzong
- Walk in the quiet Gangtey Valley
Hidden away in a corner of the Himalaya, the secretive kingdom of Bhutan is an unforgettable destination with ancient traditions, spectacular mountain scenery and vibrant festivals. At these hundreds of people gather to see the monks, dressed in brightly coloured robes, perform ritual dances. For several days there are masked dances and prayer meetings, and a general carnival atmosphere prevails. The spring departures visit Paro Festival, whilst the autumn departures take in Thimpu, Dechenphu or Genekha Festivals. The December departure visits the lesser-known Trongsa festival, which is smaller and offers a more intimate experience.*Please note:* This itinerary is valid for departures starting in Kathmandu on 19th September 2020 (Thimphu Festival), 19th October 2020 (Dechenphu or Genekha Festival), 17th March 2021 (Paro Festival) and 9th September 2021 (Thimphu Festival).Please refer tohttps://www.exodus.co.uk/tripnotes/aib/20301"target="_blank">alternative trip notes found HERE for departures starting in Kathmandu on 25th September 2020 (Thimpu Festival), 25th March 2021 (Paro Festival) and 15th September 2021 (Thimphu Festival).
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2: Fly to Paro
Day 3: Full day at Paro festival
Day 4: Drive to Thimphu
Day 5: Morning drive to Punakha
Day 6: Morning hike; to Gangtey
Day 7: Morning hike in Gangtey; drive to Wangdue
Day 8: To Thimphu
Day 9: Drive to Paro; Tiger's Nest Monastery hike
Day 10: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 11: End Kathmandu
- 10 nights in hotels, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Tour leader throughout
- Bhutanese visa
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Festivals of Bhutan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 189+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Festivals of Bhutan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 540 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 24 January 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Festivals of Bhutan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Festivals of Bhutan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.