- duration 12 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- Punakha The ancient capital of Bhutan. Visit Punakha Dzong and hike in the Punakha Valley
- Phobjika Valley Look out for the rare blacknecked crane
- Paro Climb up to the 'tiger's Nest\ Monastery, perched high on the cliff side
- Thimpu Walk through the most relaxed capital in the world
Peaceful monasteries, Himalayan mountain peak backdrops and deep, green valleys characterise this journey through the Buddhist Kingdom of Bhutan. Experience colourful and traditional festivals with welcoming locals and return via Kathmandu for a flavour of this chaotic yet captivating city. Punakha - Marvel at the majestic Punakha Dzong and hike through the nearby valley Paro - Climb up to the iconic Tiger's Nest Monastery, perched high on the cliff side Kathmandu - Explore the old city including Durbar Square before visiting the Pashupatinath temple complex.
Day 1 : Join trip in Kathmandu
Day 2 : Fly to Bhutan and explore the peaceful city of Paro
Day 3 : Cross the Dochu La Pass en route to Punakha
Day 4 : Explore Punakha's dramatically located Dzong
Day 5 : Drive to the beautiful farming valley of Gangtey
Day 6 : Watch the dances at the Black Necked Crane Festival
Day 7 : Travel to Thimpu, Bhutan's relaxed capital city
Day 8 : Visit Tashicho Dzong and Thimpu's memorial chorten
Day 9 : Return to Paro and hike to the Tiger's Nest Monastery
Day 10 : Fly to Kathmandu. Walk through the Durbar Square
Day 11 : Free time to explore Kathmandu's temples and bazaars
Day 12 : Tour ends in Kathmandu
- 11 Breakfast, 8 Lunch, 8 Dinner
- 11 nights comfortable hotel
- Bus, Flight
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Explore Representative, Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Festivals of Bhutan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 223 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 148 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 423 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 16 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Festivals of Bhutan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Festivals of Bhutan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.