- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Punakha The ancient capital of Bhutan. Visit Punakha Dzong and hike in the Punakha Valley
- Phobjika Valley Look out for the rare blacknecked crane
- Paro Climb up to the 'tiger's Nest\ Monastery, perched high on the cliff side
- Thimpu Walk through the most relaxed capital in the world
Peaceful monasteries, Himalayan mountain peak backdrops and deep, green valleys characterise this journey through the Buddhist Kingdom of Bhutan. Experience colourful and traditional festivals with welcoming locals and return via Kathmandu for a flavour of this chaotic yet captivating city. Punakha - Marvel at the majestic Punakha Dzong and hike through the nearby valley Paro - Climb up to the iconic Tiger's Nest Monastery, perched high on the cliff side Kathmandu - Explore the old city including Durbar Square before visiting the Pashupatinath temple complex.
Day 1 : Join trip in Kathmandu
Day 2 : Fly to Bhutan and explore the peaceful city of Paro
Day 3 : Cross the Dochu La Pass en route to Punakha
Day 4 : Explore Punakha's dramatically located Dzong
Day 5 : Drive to the beautiful farming valley of Gangtey
Day 6 : Watch the dances at the Black Necked Crane Festival
Day 7 : Travel to Thimpu, Bhutan's relaxed capital city
Day 8 : Visit Tashicho Dzong and Thimpu's memorial chorten
Day 9 : Return to Paro and hike to the Tiger's Nest Monastery
Day 10 : Fly to Kathmandu. Walk through the Durbar Square
Day 11 : Free time to explore Kathmandu's temples and bazaars
Day 12 : Tour ends in Kathmandu
- 11 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Hotel Ambassador (3 nights)
- Dewachen Resort - Paro (2 nights)
- Zhingkham Resort (2 nights)
- Yueloki Guest House (2 nights)
- Pedling Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Explore Representative
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Festivals of Bhutan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 175+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Festivals of Bhutan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Festivals of Bhutan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Festivals of Bhutan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.