- Visit the Swayambhunath and Kathmandu Durbar Square Temples
- Visit the local market to shop for ingredients and vegetables for an authentic meal
- Prepare and share a meal with a local host
- Explore the streets of Kathmandu like a local
Early wake-up and head straight to places of worship on foot. First up is Swoyambhunath, follow the path of Hindu and Buddhist devotees, circling the holy stupa and spinning the prayer wheels.
The mesmerizing wafts of incense, hypnotic chants of prayers and surreal sound of ringing bells will provide a spiritual high. Spiritually awakened, stroll through the maze of backstreets to Kathmandu Durbar Square, its numerous temples and its market. Pick some fresh vegetables, purchase some aromatic spices and all the other necessary ingredients for a local lunch (it’s your choice and we’ll put all our confidence in you to find the right ingredients!).
Well-stocked and well-prepared (at least mentally!), head to meet your host family. Lead the way or lend the hand as your hosts unveils the secrets of Nepalese cooking. Truly Kathmandu Living.
- English speaking guide
- Entry fees to swoyambhunath & kathmandu durbar square
- Meal and meal preparation with local family.
- Items of a personal nature
- Purchase of vegetables and fruits
- Tips or gratuities for guide.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.