- Sightseeing at the UNESCO World Heritage site in Kathmandu.
- Explore around busy Namche Bazaar, the gateway to the Everest.
- Witness stunning panorama of Mt. Everest, up close & personal.
- Visit the Tengbohce Monastery, the biggest & most popular in the Khumbu region.
It’s a promising trek, where you will be visiting prominent locations in the Everest region, like Namche Bazaar- the gateway to the Everest and the Sherpa capital, Tengboche Monastery – the biggest and most popular in the Khumbu region. The prime feature of the trek is observing Mt. Everest and all the other Khumbu giants at a very close distance.
The trek begins after your flight lands at Lukla. The trip will end with a flight back to Kathmandu. Please see the itinerary for day-by-day activities in between.
As per your flight timings, you will be escorted by one of our representatives to the international terminal at the Tribhuvan International Airport approximately three hours before your flight schedule from your hotel in Kathmandu. A day to bid farewell to the glorious country situated in the South Asia. While waiting for your flight, you can make plans to venture other destinations of the majestic country in near future.
We hope you had a lovely time with us. Have a safe flight back home!
After landing at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu from your designated destinations, you will be received by a representative of the travel company at the arrival gate who will then transfer you to you allotted hotels. If the time persists, you can either visit the city or relax at the hotel to overcome your jet lag.
The Kathmandu sightseeing trip will begin in the morning. After breakfast, you will be taken towards Kathmandu Durbar (Palace) Square, one of the heritage sites where you can view many historical and cultural monuments. Later, you will visit another heritage site known as Pashupatinath Temple. This is a sacred Hindu Temple of Lord Shiva named which is always crowded by Hindu pilgrims. After lunch, visit to Buddhist pilgrimage Swoyambhunath (famous by the name of Monkey temple among tourists) will be carried forward. Likewise, Boudhanath Shrine will be covered by the evening. After concluding the sightseeing, there will be seminar for you to attend to discuss about the upcoming trekking plans.
You will have to wake up early as the flight to Lukla leaves in the morning. The super scenic flight takes around 40 minutes to touch down in Lukla. You will have a whale of a time in the brisk flight as you can see the most amazing natural views from the airplane window. After landing in Lukla, the trek to Phakding will start after lunch. You will reach Phakding before sunset where you will get ample time to stroll around the village.
From Phakding, the route gets a head start by crossing suspension bridges on the Dudh Koshi River towards Namche Bazaar. On the way, you will pass by the Sagarmatha National Park where you could see varieties of floras and faunas. Soon, you will have to make a descent towards Jorsalle village crossing Bhote- Koshi River through a suspension bridge. You will reach Namche Bazaar, the main trading town also known as the gateway to Mt. Everest in the Khumbu Region before sunset.
Getting acclimatized is very important while embarking on the high altitude trek. For the purpose, the day is reserved for the acclimatization process where you will spend a full day to get used to the altitude and the environment of higher altitude places. After lunch, you will be taken for a short hike towards Everest view hotel. From the hotel premises you can see the panoramic view of the Everest region.
The day will start with a hike towards Tengboche traversing different forests. The route offers magnificent views of mountains like Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Kwangde peak. After reaching Tengboche, you will visit Tengboche Monastery which is renowned as one of the famous monasteries in the region. The monastery is situated in a beautiful location from where you could witness amazing sceneries.
The day will start with a descent towards Monjo where routes are all scenic, and offer panoramic views of Himalayan ranges. You will reach Monjo before evening.
This is the final day of the trek as you prepare yourself to hike to Lukla following the lower altitude trail in the Everest region. Traversing various Sherpa settlements, and hiking past some dense forest area covered by beautiful rhododendron and pine trees, you will slowly proceed towards Lukla. On the way, you will also see few monasteries that resemble unique Buddhist culture and tradition. You will reach Lukla before sunset.
You have completed your trekking as you wait to board a Kathmandu bound flight from Lukla. You excitement level will proliferate as the plane flies between hills before it reaches to a required elevation. The 40 minutes flight will also give you a bird’s eye view of glorious Kathmandu city by the time it prepares to land. After landing at the Tribhuvan airport, the company representative will transfer you to you designated hotels. The remaining day in the capital city will be all yours. You can do whatever you like. You can relax at the hotel or visit markets for the final day shopping.
- Airport pick up / drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Guided Kathmandu city tours inclusive of private vehicle and guide.
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu round trip flight fare.
- Domestic airport departure tax.
- Accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide during the trek including his transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipment and insurance.
- Sagarmatha National park entrance Permit and fees.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees. (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- First Aid medical kit.
- Duffle bag, down jacket, sleeping bag and walking pole.
- Breakfree Adventures T-shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate.
- Farewell dinner in Authentic Nepali Restaurant.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Monuments entrance fees while sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu if needed.
- Nepal entry visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs for faster service)
- International airfare and travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Tips for guide and porters (Tipping is expected but not mandatory)
- If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, the provider can customized the itinerary as per your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
- Best Seasons: Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for this trip when the weather is clear and pleasant. However, to avoid crowd and enjoy nature this trip is favorable during the winters (Jan to Feb) as well.