- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- View the spectacular Kangshung Face of Everest from the Kharta valley
- Journey across the Tibetan plateau to experience authentic Tibetan culture
- Enjoy a fully supported camping based trek with three hearty meals per day
- Cross two 5000m plus passes, including the Langma La (5330m) affording views of Makalu
An adventure tour combining our ‘High Road to Lhasa' with an exhilarating trek to the Kangshung Face of Everest. This expedition includes the highlights of our ‘High Road to Lhasa' journey, including time in Lhasa, Gyantse, and Shigatse, with a 9 day trek in the Kharta valley to the spectacular Kangshung Face of Everest. After a few days sightseeing in Lhasa, we will drive across the Tibetan plateau with ample opportunities to absorb the traditional culture of Tibet, before arriving in Kharta, a bustling Tibetan village nestled in the shadow of Everest. Our trek to the east face of Everest offers extraordinary views of the world's highest mountain. After the trek we drive to the Rongphu Valley to appreciate the huge dimensions of the north face of Everest before heading back to Lhasa and Kathmandu via the stunning region of Langtang.
Day 1 : Arrive Chengdu, China
Day 2 : Fly Chengdu to Lhasa (3,670m)
Day 3-4 : In Lhasa (3,670m)
Day 5 : Drive to Gyangtse via the Khamba Pass (4,900m) and Karo La (5,200m).
Day 6 : In Gyangtse, drive to Shigatse (3,845m)
Day 7 : In Shigatse then drive to Shegar (4,330m)
Day 8 : Drive to the Kharta Valley (3,690m)
Day 9 : Commence trek to Dhampu (4,300m)
Day 10 : Trek Dhampu to base of Shao La (4,700m)
Day 11 : Trek base of Shao La to Joksam (4,030m)
Day 12 : Joksam to Alpine Camp (4,470m)
Day 13 : Camp to Pathang (4,550m)
Day 14 : Trek to Pethang Ringmo (Kangshung Face Base Camp) (5,200m)
Day 15 : Pathang to base of Langma La (5,320m)
Day 16 : Cross Langma La to Shomak Lhe (5,370m)
Day 17 : Drive to Rongbuk (5,000m)
Day 18 : Rongbuk Monastery then drive to Tingri (4,300m)
Day 19 : Drive to Kyirong (4,130m)
Day 20 : Drive Kyirong to Kathmandu
Day 21 : In Kathmandu
Day 22 : In Kathmandu, trip concludes
- Accommodation at the Radisson Hotel in Kathmandu
- Basic hotels and lodges in Lhasa/Shegar/Shigatse
- 21 breakfasts, 16 lunches and 15 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$530
- Airport transfers in Chengdu, Lhasa and Kathmandu
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Yaks to carry group equipment
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Sightseeing and site entry fees as listed
- Group medical kit
- Bottled Oxygen for emergency use
- Portable altitude chamber for group use
- International flights
- Chengdu-Lhasa flight. Please contact your local World Expeditions office to arrange your flights.
- Meals not included in the daily itinerary
- Alcoholic and bottled drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- Airport & departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 180+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Everest Kangshung Face tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 December 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Everest Kangshung Face tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Everest Kangshung Face tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?