- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- View the spectacular Kangshung Face of Everest from the Kharta valley
- Journey across the Tibetan plateau to experience authentic Tibetan culture
- Enjoy a fully supported camping based trek with three hearty meals per day
- Cross two 5000m plus passes, including the Langma La (5330m) affording views of Makalu
An adventure tour combining our ‘High Road to Lhasa' with an exhilarating trek to the Kangshung Face of Everest. This expedition includes the highlights of our ‘High Road to Lhasa' journey, including time in Lhasa, Gyantse, and Shigatse, with a 9 day trek in the Kharta valley to the spectacular Kangshung Face of Everest. After a few days sightseeing in Lhasa, we will drive across the Tibetan plateau with ample opportunities to absorb the traditional culture of Tibet, before arriving in Kharta, a bustling Tibetan village nestled in the shadow of Everest. Our trek to the east face of Everest offers extraordinary views of the world's highest mountain. After the trek we drive to the Rongphu Valley to appreciate the huge dimensions of the north face of Everest before heading back to Lhasa and Kathmandu via the stunning region of Langtang.
Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu, Nepal
Day 2 : Morning sightseeing in Kathmandu, transfer to Balthali
Day 3 : Day walks around Balthali
Day 4 : Return to Kathmandu via Bhaktapur
Day 5 : Fly Kathmandu to Lhasa
Day 6-7 : In Lhasa
Day 8 : Drive to Gyantse 7–8 hours
Day 9 : In Gyantse and drive to Shigatse – 2 hours
Day 10 : In Shigatse & drive to Shegar 6 hours
Day 11 : Drive to Kharta Valley (7 hours)
Day 12 : Commence trek to Dhampu (3 to 4 hours)
Day 13 : Dhampu to base of Shao La (3 to 4 hours)
Day 14 : Base of Shao La to Joksam (5 hours)
Day 15 : Joksam to Alpine Camp (5 hours)
Day 16 : Camp to Pathang (3 hours)
Day 17 : Day hike to Pethang Ringmo (Kangshung Face Base Camp) (7-8 hours)
Day 18 : Pathang to base of Langma La (5 hours)
Day 19 : Cross Langma La to Somale (6 to 7 hours)
Day 20 : Drive to Rongphu Monastery (8 to 10 hours)
Day 21 : Rongphu Monastery and continue to Old Tingri (5-6 hours drive)
Day 22 : Drive to Kerung (4-5 hours)
- Accommodation at the Radisson Hotel in Kathmandu
- Basic hotels and lodges in Lhasa/Shegar/Shigatse
- 21 breakfasts, 16 lunches and 15 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$530
- Airport transfers in Chengdu, Lhasa and Kathmandu
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Souvenir World Expeditions 80l kit bag
- Yaks to carry group equipment
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Sightseeing and site entry fees as listed
- Group medical kit
- Bottled Oxygen for emergency use
- Portable altitude chamber for group use
- International flights
- Chengdu-Lhasa flight. Please contact your local World Expeditions office to arrange your flights.
- Meals not included in the daily itinerary
- Alcoholic and bottled drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- Airport & departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 180+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Everest Kangshung Face tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Everest Kangshung Face tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Everest Kangshung Face tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.