- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5483 meters
- Explore Gokyo valley and its glacial lakes
- Enjoy arguably the best panoramic views of the Everest range from Gokyo Ri
- Explore Namche Bazaar, the tourist hub of the Khumbu region
- Immerse yourself in Sherpa culture and lifestyle along the way
You're trek starts after a short flight to Lukla, from where you'll make your way through Shrepa villages, Buddhist monasteries and rhododendron forests to the settlement of Gokyo. The hamlet is alongside the tranquil Gokyo Cho, or Dudh Pokhari, and on the base of Gokyo Ri (5,357 m).
Trek to the top of Gokyo Ri for an expansive view of Cho Oyu, Mount Everest, Lhotse and Makalu, among others. You'll also see five glacial lakes of the region: Longpongo, Taboche Tsho, Gokyo Cho, Thonak Tsho and Ngozuma Tsho.
One of the highlights of the trek is also the spectacular view from ice point between Cho Oyu and Gyachung.
Everest Gokyo trek is best done from March to May and September to December. However, you can book trek across the year, depending on your travel schedule.
Recibimos una atencin por parte de la empresa excelente, desde el primer momento de contactar con su gerente Gokul hasta nuestra vuelta a Espaa, ademas habla un correcto espaol esto nos facilito mucho la comunicacin y organizacin de nuestro viaje.
Estuvo atento a todas nuestras necesidades y preocupndose hasta el mnimo detalle.
Sin duda una buena experiencia el trekking de Gokyo-Everest Base Camp, recorriendo y conociendo no slo el paisaje, tambin la cultura del pueblo sherpa, gente amable, gentil y hospitalaria.
Un abrazo a Gokul porque se lo merece.”
Day 1: Fly to Lukla & trek to Phakding
Day 2: Trek to Namche Bazaar
Day 3: Namche Bazaar acclimatisation day
Day 4: Trek to Phorste Thanga
Day 5: Trek to Machherma
Day 6: Trek to Gokyo
Day 7: Trek to Gokyo Ri & back to Gokyo
Day 8: Trek to Phorste Thanga
Day 9: Trek to Namche Bazaar via Khumjung village
Day 10: Trek to Lukla
Day 11: Morning flight to Kathmandu
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Domestic flight to and from Lukla, including airport departure tax
- All standard meals: breakfast, lunch & dinner during the trek
- Accommodation at the best available lodges and guesthouses
- Licensed expert, English-speaking mountain guide
- Porters to carry your luggage, sharing basic for two-people-one-porter
- Down jacket and sleeping bag provided, if needed
- Everest Conservation Park permits
- All government taxes
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Tips for the trekking staff—tipping is recommended
- Anything's that not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Earn US$ 48+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, altitude sickness can be treated and the trekker may wish to continue. If not, the rest of the group can continue on if they want and the sick person can descend.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.