- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Challenge yourself on the most comprehensive trek in the Everest region with a stunning crossing of Cho La pass looking over Tibet's Cho Oyu
- Immerse yourself to impressive mountain scenery at the base of the world highest mountain, Kala Pattar and the picture perfect Gokyo Lakes
- Discover Sherpa Culture at its 'capital' in Namche Bazaar and walk through sherpa villages of Khumjung and Khunde
- Experience a mesmerising Himalayan mountain flight to Lukla
Spectacular traverse from Gokyo Lakes to Kala Pattar affording incredible views of Mount Everest. Combining our classic Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes treks with a stunning crossing of the non-technical Cho La pass provides an unsurpassed circuit trek of the Everest region. We make climbs of the popular Gokyo Ri and Kala Pattar along the way, which provide magnificent photo opportunities of the world's highest mountain, Mount Everest, and views as far as Kanchenjunga in the east and the Tibetan 8000m peak Cho Oyu to the north. We will also view Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori, Cholatse, the beautiful pyramid of Ama Dablam, as well as countless other Himalayan peaks. There is also time to visit the famous Base Camp, and during the months of March, April & May, will view the many expedition camps. Each night you will be accommodated in our exclusive eco-comfort camps as well as handpicked eco lodges. Another dimension to this adventure is the famous Sherpa culture providing a truly unforgettable experience.
Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2 : Free day in Kathmandu or drive to Ramechap (approx 5 hours)
Day 3 : Fly Lukla (2800m). Trek to Ghat (2600m). Walk approx 2 hours.
Day 4 : To Monjo (2850m). Walk approx 4-5 hours.
Day 5 : To Namche (3440m). Walk approx 4-5 hours.
Day 6 : To Kyangjuma (3550m), Walk approx 3-4 hours
Day 7 : To Phortse Tenga (3600m). Walk approx 6 hrs
Day 8 : To Dole (4000m). Walk approx 3 hrs.
Day 9 : To Machhermo (4410m), walk approx. 3 hrs.
Day 10 : To Gokyo (4759m). Walk approx 5-6 hrs
Day 11 : Ascent of Gokyo Ri (5483m). Walk approx 4 hrs
Day 12 : To Thangnak (4800m). Walk approx 4-5 hrs
Day 13 : Cross Cho La (5420m) to Dzongla (4843m). Walk approx 8-9 hrs
Day 14 : To Lobuche (4930m). Walk approx 3 hrs
Day 15 : To Gorak Shep (5288m) & Base Camp (5360m). Walk approx 7-8 hours
Day 16 : Kala Pattar (5545m), & trek Dingboche (4330m), walk approx. 7-8 hours
Day 17 : To Kyangjuma (3550m). Walk approx 7 hours
Day 18 : To Ghat (3440m), walk approx. 7 hours
Day 19 : To Lukla (2800m). Walk approx 5-6 hours
Day 20 : Fly to Kathmandu or return via Ramechap
Day 21 : Trip concludes in Kathmandu
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 21 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu
- Accommodation on trek in a combination of comfortable eco lodges, and our exclusive eco-comfort camps with off the ground camp beds, mattresses and pillows
- 20 breakfasts, 18 lunches and 18 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$850
- Return flights to Lukla included
- An extra 5kg luggage allowance on Lukla flight, total 20kg
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- Trek pack including sleeping bag, down or fibre filled jacket and insulated mat, valued at USD $500
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
- Porter's insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 121+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Everest Circuit & the Cho La in Comfort tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Everest Circuit & the Cho La in Comfort tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Everest Circuit & the Cho La in Comfort tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, altitude sickness can be treated and the trekker may wish to continue. If not, the rest of the group can continue on if they want and the sick person can descend.
What is the weather going to be like when I travel to Everest Base Camp?
The weather in Nepal varies by season. For example, November to January is the dry season with sunny days, clear skies and usually no rain. However, on Everest Base Camp, the temperatures at this altitude will be cold, particularly at night. February to May and September to October is the most popular time to travel to EBC, with usually fairly dry and stable weather, although there may be the occasional shower. June to August is monsoon season in Nepal, but once you pass 3,000 meters altitude there is less and less rain. Check out our guide on the best time to visit Nepal for more on specific monthly climate and seasons.
- How does it work with a porter?