- Everest Base Camp Trek is a famous challenging trek in Khumbu, Nepal
- Get to the foot of the world's highest mountain
- Visit Everest Base Camp and see the sunrise from Kalapatthar
Famous for its spectacular mountain peaks and the loyal and friendly Sherpas, the Everest region, also known as the Khumbu region, is one of the most popular destinations for tourists in Nepal.
You will be trekking on great trekking trails near water falls, un-spoilt Buddhist monasteries and through the enchanting Sherpa villages on your way to Everest Base Camp. The EBC trek also gives you the opportunity to trek up to Kala Patthar, a 5554 meter peak on the way to Everest Base Camp, which is a superb vantage point for magnificent views of the southwest face of Mt Everest and other surrounding Himalayan Mountains such as Mt. Nuptse and Mt. Lhotse. After your hike up to KalaPatthar the trail takes you along the Khumbu Glacier to the foot of Everest where you'll finally reach the magnificent Everest Base Camp from where climbers are planning their summit attempts.
Reaching Everest Base Camp also marks the turnaround point of the trek so we'll slowly start our descend, eventually reaching Lukla and Kathmandu, where it all started.
We look forward to taking you on a trek of a lifetime. Please see the itinerary for further details.
Our representative will come at your door, in your hotel at nearly about 6 am to 10 am in Kathmandu, to receive you before we start the trip.
Early in the morning we will be heading to the airport for our flight to Lukla. This is an approximately 45 minutes flight with incredible mountain views north to the Himalayan Range.
This morning we continue north following the Dudh-Koshi river and on to Jorsale where we enter the Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park. From here it is a short walk to the confluence of two rivers, the Imja-Drangpa (Imja-Khola) and the Nangpo-Tsangpo (Bhote-Kosi) where we cross once more on a suspension bridge. This is followed by a steep climb (for about 2hrs) up to Namche Bazaar, the main town in the Khumbu region.
From Namche, the trail contours around the side of the valley, high above the river and, as we go, we will get to see great views of the great peaks of the Khumbu including Mt Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and AmaDablam.
After dropping down steeply to the river at PhunkiTenga and having lunch, we have a long steep climb up through beautiful forest to tonight's lodge.
Tyangboche is famous for its legendary monastery, the largest in the Khumbu and we will stay near this monastery with Everest, Lhotse and AmaDablam in full view.
After breakfast we head on up the trail to Dingboche. We first descend through stunning forest to Deboche and then cross the river and have a short climb to Pangboche which is a good lunch spot.
On this side of the river stunning Ama Dablam is prominent and a stunning distraction from the trail as we continue up to Dingboche for the night.
Today is for letting our bodies rest and acclimatize. If we are feeling good you could go for an acclimatization walk up the valley for a wider variety of photos of the valley and mountains of the Khumbu region.
Today we head up a wide valley beneath the impressive peaks of Cholatse and Tawache on the left. we 'turn right' and climb more steeply towards the foot of the Khumbu Glacier, passing many stone cairns, built as memorials to the many Sherpas who have died helping people climb Mt Everest. The path then climbs gently along the glacier to reach the cluster of houses at Lobuche.
Today we will walk 3 hours to Gorakshep along Khumbu Glacier and after the lunch we will continue to Everest Base Camp. The walk to base camp and back would require about 5-6 hours, following the Khumbu glacier, sometimes on moraine and sometimes on the glacier itself.
On reaching the base camp, please respect the space of the expeditions based there, but enjoy this crowning moment, before returning down the long trail back to GorakShep.
This morning we get up early to start the climb up to one of the finest viewpoints in the Everest region, Kala Patthar 5554m enjoying the sunrise over the mountains and the amazing views of Everest and the surrounding mountains. Then we trek back to GorakShep. After the breakfast we will walk downhill most of the way, as we retrace your steps to Duglha and then descend into Pheriche.
Today we rejoin the ImjaKhola which you followed on the way up. Continuing along the river we return through Pangboche to gradual walk to Phortse.
From Phortse we descend to the bridge over the DudhKosi and from there we will steeply ascend to Mongla, after the descend and gradual walk back to Namche.
From Namche Bazaar you ought to be amazed at how easy that steep trail is to go down (as opposed to the hard slog you had as you came up) as we descend back down to the village of Jorsale. Passing the villages of Phakding and Choplung,we walk the trail that cuts up to the airstrip at Lukla.
This morning you get up early to catch the morning flight to Kathmandu from Lukla. We serve you a farewell dinner in Kathmandu at a cultural restaurant as our regard.
- Airport pickup and drop services on a private vehicle
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Lukla and back to Kathmandu(by flight)
- Food all along the trip(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea) and accommodations during the trip in hotels with family environment
- One licensed trekking guide speaking English, Chinese, Korean, or Hindi, and Nepali
- Transportation, food, accommodation and insurance of Guide during the trip
- Down jacket, all-season sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map(in case if you dont have your own. Down jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag must be returned after completion of the trip)
- First Aid Medical Kit(Carried by the guide)
- All the required permits and paperworks
- Welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu at a cultural restaurant(complimentary)
- A nation-wide operated Mobile SIM Card and a map of the trekking region
- International Airfare
- Visa Charges
- Hotel Expenses(In Kathmandu)
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc
- Food and accommodations in Kathmandu
- Services not mentioned or not promised by the agent/agency
- Emergency expenses such as expenses on charted helicoptor
Thank you for everything!”
As for the trip itself I will say this: No life without a trip to Nepal and the Himalayas has been lived to its fullest in Everest Base Camp Trekking 15 days included Itinerary is very great. We are highly recommended this itinerary and this package.”