- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 09 days
- tour type Private and Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5643 meters
- Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla. See the Himalayas if the weather is clear
- Trek to Everest Base Camp, the starting point for those summiting Mount Everest
- Fly back to Kathmandu in a helicopter from Gorakshep
- Explore the Mt. Everest Base Camp
This trip starts with a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla on the first day of the trip. Hit the trail soon after landing in Lukla. The final destination of the day is Monzo, a 4-hour walk away from the airport. Reach Namche Bazaar on the second day of the trip and spend a day in the bazaar to acclimatize your body.
Start for Tengboche on Day 4 of the trip. From Tengboche, the trail travels past Dingboche, Lobuche and Gorakshep to reach Everest Base Camp on Day 7 of the trip. Enjoy stunning mountain views from Kala Patthar on the final day of the trip before hopping on the chopper in Gorakshep and heading back to Kathmandu.
For more details of the trip, please go through the itinerary below.
Our trekking guide, Basu, was truly exceptional and went above and beyond to make our trek a dream come true. Basu was absolutely meticulous about ensuring every small detail was taken care of from start to finish and was incredibly caring and thoughtful - continually checking in on us and constantly motivating us with his positivity and upbeat attitude. He is an incredibly experienced guide and his passion for guiding and sharing the beauty of the mountains with others is an inspiration. Our days were filled with laughter and smiles and he created a uniquely warm and welcoming environment from the moment we said good morning and until we said good night every evening. Basu provided invaluable guidance on every aspect of our trek ranging from food recommendations to dressing appropriately for the changing weather conditions. Our porters Singman and Nyman, were also incredible and their strength and fortitude are nothing short of jaw-dropping. Along with Basu, they were constantly looking out for us and we felt so cared for. It was like spending time with a wonderful group of friends.
I cant recommend Exciting Nepal highly enough. Im someone who has extremely high standards and Subash and his team far exceeded my expectations. Dont waste your time booking with companies located outside of Nepal and paying triple the price of a paper pushing middleman - go to the source of expertise on the ground. Exciting Nepal truly sets the benchmark others should strive for with deep expertise is based on years of accumulated experience. I was so impressed with their level of customer service and expertise. They even took incredible care of us while we were in Kathmandu both before and after our trek. I will continue to recommend them and make them my go-to guide service for any travel in the region.”
Day 1: Kathmandu - Lukla (flight) & trek to Monzo
Day 2: Monzo - Namche Bazaar
Day 3: Free day in Namche Bazaar
Day 4: Namche Bazaar - Tengboche
Day 5: Tengboche - Dingboche
Day 6: Rest and Explore Dingboche.
Day 7: Dingboche - Lobuche
Day 8: Lobuche - Gorakshep - Everest Base Camp
Day 9: Gorakshep - Kalaatthar - Gorekshep - Kathmandu by heli
- Airport pickup & drop-off by private vehicle. All transport including Kathmandu - Lukla flight tickets (one way) and Gorakshep - Kathmandu chopper flight
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek
- Accommodation in tea houses during the trek
- A highly experienced, English-speaking tour guide
- A first aid kit box as well as an oximeter and a pulse checker
- We will help with emergency helicopter rescue if necessary (to be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Sleeping bags, down jackets, duffel bags and walking poles if you don’t have your own. These items are to be returned after the trek is over
- Sagarmatha National Park permits and TIMS card charges (Trekkers Information Management System card)
- All government taxes
- Seasonal Fruits.
- Equpment like Sleeping bags , Down Jackets, Duffle bags if you do not have your own. ( Refundable )
- Porter ( Carrier )
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Expenses that are personal in nature
- Personal trekking equipment
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- Porter (USD220)
- Earn US$ 98+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
What is the weather going to be like when I travel to Everest Base Camp?
The weather in Nepal varies by season. For example, November to January is the dry season with sunny days, clear skies and usually no rain. However, on Everest Base Camp, the temperatures at this altitude will be cold, particularly at night. February to May and September to October is the most popular time to travel to EBC, with usually fairly dry and stable weather, although there may be the occasional shower. June to August is monsoon season in Nepal, but once you pass 3,000 meters altitude there is less and less rain. Check out our guide on the best time to visit Nepal for more on specific monthly climate and seasons.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?