- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek to Everest Base Camp, following in the footsteps of the great climbing parties
- Explore Namche Bazaar and soak up the Sherpa culture
- Walk amidst the world's highest mountain range, with incredible views of Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse and Ama Dablam
- Visit the hilltop monastery at Thyangboche
Taking us to the most iconic base camp of all at the foot of the greatest mountain in the world, Mount Everest (8848m), this is one of the world's classic treks. Walking through Sherpa country past cultivated fields and small villages, we have time to acclimatise before reaching spectacular high altitude scenery: the incredible monastery at Thyangboche, views of Ama Dablam, Everest and other mighty Himalayan peaks. As well as reaching Base Camp, we have the opportunity to climb Kala Pattar (5545m) for a magnificent view of the highest mountain on Earth.We also offer Expedition Departures with the exclusive opportunity to spend two nights camping at Everest Base Camp in spring, at a time of year when the climbing parties are preparing for their Everest summit attempt. Please see trip code TNTA  for further details. https://www.exodus.co.uk/node/8910
Day 1: Start Kathmandu.
Day 2: Short but spectacular flight to Lukla (2800m); trek to Phakding.
Day 3: Follow the Dudh Kosi and ascend to Namche Bazaar, with time to explore the Sherpa villages.
Day 4: Acclimatisation walk to Kunde and Khumjung; descend to Kyanjuma.
Day 5: Trek through the Sherpa heartland to the monastery at Thyangboche for superb mountain views.
Day 6: Continue up the Khumbu Valley and then the Imja Valley to Dingboche.
Day 7: Spend the day at Dingboche for acclimatisation.
Day 8: Continue the ascent to Lobuje.
Day 9: Visit Everest Base Camp; overnight at Gorak Shep.
Day 10: Climb Kala Pattar (5545m) for classic mountain views of Everest; descend to Pheriche.
Day 11: Retrace our steps to Kyanjuma.
Day 12: Descend through Namche to Monzo.
Day 13: Continue to Lukla.
Day 14: Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 15: Free day in Kathmandu to explore the city.
Day 16: End Kathmandu.
- 3 nights standard hotels and 12 nights teahouses
- All breakfasts included
- Travel by private minibus and 2 internal flights
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 12 days point-to-point walking with full porterage
- Group normally 4 to 16 plus tour leader and local staff. Min. age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 5545m, average 3900m
- Between 5 and 8 hours walking per day, with some longer days
- Staff carry oxygen and a first aid kit on trek
- Expedition departures  available in April including 2 nights camping at Everest Base Camp  node/8910
- Morning bed-tea on trek
- Welcome drink at each overnight lodge
- 3 nights standard hotels and 12 nights teahouses
- Tour leader throughout, plus local staff (staff to client ratio of 1:4 on trek)
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full porterage throughout trek
- Exodus kitbag
- Trekking map (provided locally)
- Trekking permit and national park fees
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Everest Base Camp Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 107+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Everest Base Camp Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 305 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 24 January 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Everest Base Camp Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Everest Base Camp Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.