- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 16+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Travel to Everest Base Camp by motorbike
- Explore Lhasa, thee cultural capital of Tibet
- Drive on narrow mountain roads and through unforgettable scenery
- Cross high mountain passes
The trip starts from the ancient Kathmandu valley and drives up and down through the mountains and hillsides, along narrow roads all the way to Kodari in Nepal and Dzangmu Friendship Bridge at the China Tibet side. From Dzangmu, ride through a beautiful gorge all the way up to Nyalam county, after which the road widens as you enter the Tibetan high plateau and cross your first mountain pass, Thong-la, at 5120m.
Continue to Lhasa along the Friendship highway, crossing more high mountain passes and passing by Shigatse, the second-largest city of Tibet, where you can take a riding break and visit Tashi Lhunpo monastery. After a 280km motorbike ride from Shigatse, you will reach Lhasa, the ancient holy city of Tibet. Visit this important cultural and religious center of Tibet, including the great Potala Palace.
After three nights in Lhasa, the trip continues to Everest Base Camp through Gyantse, crossing Gampala pass and an absolutely beautiful overlooking view of Yamdrok lake and Nojin Kangsang snow mountain. Spend time exploring the base camp before heading back to Kathmandu.
See the itinerary for more detailed information.
Day 1: Kathmandu to Dram (2300m/120Km )
Day 2: Dzangmu to old Dingri (4390m/180km)
Day 3: Old Dingri to Shigatse (3900m/330km)
Day 4: Shigatse to Lhasa (3650m/280km)
Day 5: Sightseeing tour around Lhasa
Day 6: Sightseeing tour around Lhasa
Day 7: Lhasa to Gyantse (3950m/260km)
Day 8: Ride from Gyantse to Sakya (4050m/240km)
Day 9: Tibet travel from Sakya to Everest base camp
Day 10: Rongpu to old Dingri (4390m/70km)
Day 11: Old Dingri to Dzangmu (2500m/180km)
Day 12: Dzangmu to Kathmandu (1500m/128km)
- All meals
- All entry fees to the sites and monasteries mentioned in the Tibet tour program
- Royal Enfield motorbikes
- One local English speaking Tibetan travel guide
- All necessary Tibet tour entry and road permits
- Tibet tour transportation by one good conditioned mini van or bus according to the group size
- All conservation fees and motorbike permits
- Temporary motorbike driving license and plate number
- Motorbike insurance
- Motorbike mechanic on hand
- Oxygen in case needed
- Any flight tickets
- China, Tibet visa fee
- Nepal visa fee
- Insurance including personal, medical, travel and evacuation insurance
- Personal expenses
- Any extra cost in the event of landslides and personal nature expenses need to be paid by clients themselves
- Save US$ 70+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.