- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Private and Group
- age requirement 10-79 yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5554 meters
- Tour Code BM-39374
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Get close up, panoramic views of the world's highest mountains from Kalapatthar
- This special itinerary is designed for budget travelers but includes all the best sights
- Trek in Sagarmatha National Park, listed in UNESCO world heritage sites
- Explore the oldest and biggest monastery of the Everest region
The first trip highlight is an adventurous small-plane flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (make sure to sit in the left-side seat to enjoy the first glimpse of the Everest region!). Lukla offers a fresh mountain environment, fascinating green rolling hills, and a distant view of snowy peaks. Other highlights include a hike to Kalapatthar — a vantage point where we can witness Everest from the closest possible distance — and a visit to Tengboche Monastery, a large and sacred monastery in the Khumbu region.
This trek is fully guided by experienced local guides and ensures proper acclimatization before gaining altitude. This is the best way for non-elite trekkers to get close to the highest mountain in the world!
Day 1: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and trek to Phakding
Day 2: Phakding – Namche Bazaar
Day 3: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar
Day 4: Namche Bazaar – Tengboche
Day 5: Tengboche – Dingboche
Day 6: Dingboche acclimatization day
Day 7: Dingboche – Lobuche
Day 8: Lobuche – GorakShep and Everest base camp
Day 9: Gorak Shep – KalaPatthar Back to Pheriche
Day 10: Pheriche – Namche Bazaar
Day 11: Namche Bazaar – Lukla
Day 12: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
- All meals during the trek: 10 Breakfasts, 10 Lunches and 10 Dinners
- Teahouse accommodations and meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trek. Fresh, seasonal fruits if available at the tea house.
- Airport pickup and drop in a private vehicle.
- Round flight tickest (Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu)
- An experienced, English speaking and government licensed trekking guide and assistant guide ( if 6 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- EBC trekking route map
- All the necessary trekking permits and paperwork
- All the governmental and local taxes
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (if you dont have your own) to be returned after the completion of the trip
- Medial kit (carried by your trek leader)
- Tourist Standard Hotel ktm
- 3 * Hotel in Kathmandu
- 4 * Hotel in Kathmandu
- 5 * Hotel in Kathmandu
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International flight fare
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.
- Tips for guides and porters
- Meals and accommodations in Kathmandu
- Rescue and medical assistance if needed
- Services not mentioned in the 'Included' section or set as optional
- Porter to carry your bag during the trek
- Earn US$ 29+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationClothing Summer hat/ Winter hat Hiking skirt/ hiking trousers Beanie Neckband Light breathable trousers Full sleeve T-shirt or shirt Woollen sweater Pair of socks Down jackets Waterproof jackets and pants Hiking boots or sports shoes Gear Hiking backpack Bottle Water purification pills Trekking map Trekking pole Compass Sleeping bag Camping equipment Scissors lighters/matchsticks Rope Personal equipment Soap Shampoo Tissue paper Toilet paper Towel Hanky Nail cutter Lip Guard Sunscreen Moisturiser Toothbrush Toothpaste Deodorant / perfume Optional equipment Watch Camera Phone Notebook Selfie stick Documents Passport size photo Photocopy of passport and passport Visa Permit Citizenship Medicine and first aid kit Diamox 250mg (altitude sickness) Paracetamol (painkiller) Imodium (diarrhoea) Clotrimazole cream (skin infections) Crocin (fever) Zintac (acidity) Disprin (Headache) Bandages Handiplasts Adhesive Tapes Crocin Dettol Everest Base camp short packing list for female Everest base camp short trek is a perfect and adventurous trek for female trekkers. There are still some people who think that females cannot climb mount Everest and cannot go for the long trekking. But in every stage female proves that they are the best than men. So we are discussing some important hiking equipment that makes female trekker trek easier and safe. clothing Summer hat/cap Warm and thin scarf Pair of woollen gloves Full sleeve T-shirts or shirts Breathable underpants 2/3 pairs Breathable trekking trousers Wollen socks 2/3 pairs Sports socks 2/3 pairs Sports bra 2/3 pairs Hiking boots/ shoes Down jacket Waterproof jacket Medicine Zintac (acidity) Diamox (altitude sickness) Naproxen Sodium (menstruation cramps) Panadol (menstruation pain during the period) Nonsteroidal (heavy period) Paracetamol (painkiller) Crocin (fever) Disprin (Headache) Bandages Handiplasts Adhesive Tapes Crocin Dettol Gear Head torch Hiking backpack Bottle Water purification pills Trekking map Trekking pole Compass Sleeping bag
- What is the required budget for a trip to Nepal?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is Asia open for tourists?
Despite the initial fears of the Covid-19 pandemic, most Asian countries have managed to mitigate its effects. As such, many popular destinations throughout the continent are currently open for travelers with precautionary measures like mandatory vaccinations. A few countries, however, require newly arrived travelers to spend a couple of days in quarantine.
As of February 2022, countries like Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia are officially open for vaccinated tourists without the need for quarantine. Meanwhile, India and Indonesia are two of the countries that may require you to quarantine for up to a week on arrival. However, Japan, Vietnam, and Myanmar are yet to open their doors to visitors.
What is the weather going to be like when I travel to Everest Base Camp?
The weather in Nepal varies by season. For example, November to January is the dry season with sunny days, clear skies and usually no rain. However, on Everest Base Camp, the temperatures at this altitude will be cold, particularly at night. February to May and September to October is the most popular time to travel to EBC, with usually fairly dry and stable weather, although there may be the occasional shower. June to August is monsoon season in Nepal, but once you pass 3,000 meters altitude there is less and less rain. Check out our guide on the best time to visit Nepal for more on specific monthly climate and seasons.