- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Savour this classic trek on a well paced itinerary with ample acclimatisation days
- Gaze upon Mt Everest and surrounding peaks from Kala Pattar at 5545m
- Experience the thriving Sherpa mountain village of Namche Bazaar
- Immerse yourself in Buddhist culture at Thyangboche Monastery
A more leisurely paced trek to Everest Base Camp with a climb of Kala Pattar. All the highlights you would expect from the Everest region are included in this well paced trek to Everest Base Camp. We take extra time to acclimatise whilst exploring the often overlooked corners such as Khumjung, Khunde and Pangboche, before ascending above the tree line to Thyangboche, with time to explore the famous Thyangboche Monastery before continuing to Deboche. Descending through rhododendron forest we emerge into the upper reaches of the Khumbu, and surrounded by the worlds most famous peaks we make our way to Everest Base Camp. During the months of March to May we can see many climbing expeditions preparing to climb the most famous mountain on our planet. We have also factored extra time up high in order to provide the best chances of climbing Kala Pattar, which will provide unrivalled views and photo opportunities of Mount Everest and surrounding peaks. This trek provides the very best chances of achieving your goal of reaching Everest Base Camp and of climbing Kala Pattar, with all accommodation in comfortable eco lodges and our exclusive private eco campsites with off the ground camp beds and heated dining rooms.
Day 1 : Join Kathmandu
Day 2 : In Kathmandu (1330m), sightseeing Kathmandu Valley
Day 3 : Fly Lukla (2800m). Trek to Ghat (2530m). Walk approx 2 hours
Day 4 : To Monjo (2850m). Walk approx 4-5 hours
Day 5 : To Namche (3440m). Walk approx 4-5 hours
Day 6 : Rest day Namche Bazaar
Day 7 : Trek to Khumjung. Walk approx 4 hours
Day 8 : Trek to Deboche, through Thyangboche Monastery. Walk 4-5 hours.
Day 9 : Trek to Dingboche (4360m). Walk approx 6-7 hours
Day 10 : Rest day in Dingboche
Day 11 : To Lobuche (4930m). Walk approx 6 hours
Day 12 : To Gorak Shep (5288m) & Base Camp (5360m). Walk approx 7-8 hours
Day 13 : Ascend Kala Pattar (5545m). To summit and return approx. 5 hours.
Day 14 : To Lobuche. Walk approx. 4 hours.
Day 15 : Descend to Dingboche. Walk approx. 4 hours.
Day 16 : Descend to Deboche (3770m) via Pangboche, walk approx. 4-5 hours
Day 17 : Return to Namche (3440m), walk approx. 5-6 hours
Day 18 : To Ghat (2530m). Walk approx 7 hours
Day 19 : To Lukla (2800m). Walk approx 3 hours
Day 20 : Fly Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 21 : In Kathmandu, trip concludes
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 21 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- 4 star Radisson Hotel in Kathmandu
- Accommodation on trek in a combination of our comfortable eco lodges and private eco campsites with off the ground camp beds, mattresses and pillows
- 20 breakfasts, 18 lunches and 18 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$850
- Return flights to/from Lukla included
- An extra 5kg luggage allowance on Lukla flight, total 20kg
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Group medical kit
- Insurance, protective clothing, food and shelter for porters
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 155 today.
- Earn US$ 103+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Everest Base Camp & Kala Pattar over 55's tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Everest Base Camp & Kala Pattar over 55's tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Everest Base Camp & Kala Pattar over 55's tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.
What is the weather going to be like when I travel to Everest Base Camp?
The weather in Nepal varies by season. For example, November to January is the dry season with sunny days, clear skies and usually no rain. However, on Everest Base Camp, the temperatures at this altitude will be cold, particularly at night. February to May and September to October is the most popular time to travel to EBC, with usually fairly dry and stable weather, although there may be the occasional shower. June to August is monsoon season in Nepal, but once you pass 3,000 meters altitude there is less and less rain. Check out our guide on the best time to visit Nepal for more on specific monthly climate and seasons.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Are there bag weight restrictions for the small aircraft flight from Kathmandu to Lukla?
How much should my backpack weigh?
A properly packed backpack (not including your day pack) should ideally not weigh more than 13 kg. It is also important to note that if you are taking a flight to the start of your trek, many smaller aircraft have weight restrictions. For example, if you are flying from Kathmandu to Lukla, you are only allowed 10kg of checked luggage, and 5 kg of hand baggage. Thus, in case of a small flight, you should ideally pack a 10 kg backpack for checked luggage, and then add 5 kg in your hand baggage. You can then re-shuffel the weigt once you start your trek at the trailhead.
- Do I need a porter?