- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 19 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 16+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek to Everest Base Camp, from where the journey to world's highest mountain begins
- See stunning views of the magnificent Himalayas
- Summit Island Peak, known as Imja Tse in the local language
- Trek through highland pastures and past quaint Sherpa villages
Reach the base camp on Day 9 and enjoy a sunrise view of the mountains from Kala Patthar the next morning. Trek back to Chukhung and follow the trail to Island Peak Base Camp that takes you through the moraines of Imja and Lhotse glaciers. Summit Island Peak on Day 12. See some of the tallest peaks in the world in front of your before heading down.
Known as Imja Tse among the locals, Island Peak is one of the most popular peaks among trekkers. it was named Island Peak in 1953 due to its appearance as an island adrift on a sea of ice. Although physically challenging, climbing Island Peak is not technically demanding and can be enjoyed by both novice and experienced climbers.
Hike down to Pangboche and take the trail to Namche Bazaar, the centre of trade in the region. Catch the flight to Kathmandu from Lukla on Day 17 of this trip. We will drive you to your accommodation in Kathmandu from the airport.
With enough reserve days for contingency, acclimatization breaks along the route and an included training program to boost your skill level, we have designed this itinerary and made arrangements in a way to maximize your comfort and ensure that you are safe throughout the journey. To learn more about the trip, please read the itinerary below.
Thank you for valuable feedback. Appreciate it.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Pvt. Ltd.”
Thank you so much for the positive feedback and valuable review. We appreciate it a lot.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
We had a wonderful holiday - no bad bits - no complaints. We really recommend the tour operator. We award this holiday 41/2 - 5 stars!”
We All NCA Team want to express our happiness that you had a wonderful trip to Everest Base Camp. It gives us great pleasure in knowing that you had an enjoyable trek and staff provided great service! We hope to assist your travel again in the near future.
They are totally honest and they know what they are doing !!
I strongly recommend it.”
Thank you very much for taking your time and writing such a review for your trek with us here on Bookmundi. We are very delighted to know that you liked our services. We appreciate it a lot and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu - Lukla (flight) & trek to Phakding
Day 3: Phakding - Namche Bazaar
Day 4: Acclimatisation day in Namche Bazaar
Day 5: Namche Bazaar - Tengboche
Day 6: Tengboche - Pheriche
Day 7: Acclimatisation day in Pheriche
Day 8: Pheriche - Lobuche
Day 9: Lobuche - Everest Base Camp - Gorakhshep
Day 10: Hike to Kala Patthar & trek to Chukhung
Day 11: Chukhung - Island Peak Base Camp
Day 12: Island Peak summit & back to base camp
Day 13: Reserve day
Day 14: Island Peak Base Camp - Pangboche
Day 15: Pangboche - Namche Bazaar
Day 16: Namche Bazaar - Lukla
Day 17: Lukla - Kathmandu (flight)
Day 18: Reserve day
Day 19: Kathmandu departure
- Airport pickup and drop off. Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu flight tickets
- 3 night's tourist-standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast. Guesthouse and tented camp accommodation during the trek
- Island Peak climbing permits. Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park entrance fees & Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality fee
- Full-course meals during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- One high-altitude climbing leader (a Sherpa guide) licensed by the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) for the summit attempt
- Group climbing equipment such as ropes, ice axe, ice screws, snow bars, and carbine. A satellite phone (for emergency contact)
- A first aid medical kit & an oxymeter. We will help you with rescue and evacuation arrangements in case of an emergency
- A sleeping bag, down jacket & a duffel bag (to be returned after the trek is over)
- All taxes
- Nepal visa fees (USD 30 for 15 days and USD 50 for 30 days)
- International flight tickets
- Travel/medical insurance that covers high-altitude climbing as well as accidents, emergencies and chopper evacuation
- Personal climbing gear (crampons, climbing boots & mountaineering outfits)
- Expenses that are personal in nature such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc
- Bar and beverage bills
- Additional nights in hotels in Kathmandu (early arrival, late departure as well as early return from the trek)
- Meals except those mentioned on the itinerary
- Tips to your guide and porter
- Earn US$ 73+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical Information COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- An average group size of maximum 8 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
What is the weather going to be like when I travel to Everest Base Camp?
The weather in Nepal varies by season. For example, November to January is the dry season with sunny days, clear skies and usually no rain. However, on Everest Base Camp, the temperatures at this altitude will be cold, particularly at night. February to May and September to October is the most popular time to travel to EBC, with usually fairly dry and stable weather, although there may be the occasional shower. June to August is monsoon season in Nepal, but once you pass 3,000 meters altitude there is less and less rain. Check out our guide on the best time to visit Nepal for more on specific monthly climate and seasons.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?