- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Climb Island Peak (6189m), a classic Himalayan trekking peak
- Trek to Base Camp before venturing to the next level on Island Peak
- Summit via the South Ridge for commanding views of the Everest region
- Enjoy a complete expedition service including climbing sherpas and meals
Combine a climb on Island Peak (6189m/20,305ft) with a trek through the stunning Everest region for a superb introduction to Himalayan mountaineering.. Step into the world of high altitude mountaineering with a climb on Island Peak! Our carefully devised itinerary offers an exceptional way to acclimatise safely, absorbing the incredible scenery of the Everest region before climbing Island Peak. To aid our acclimatisation for the upcoming climb, our first goal is to trek to both Everest Base Camp and nearby Kala Pattar for spectacular views of Mount Everest. To do this, we ascend slowly through Sherpa villages beyond the treeline into a barren, but dramatic land of ice, rock and towering peaks. For us, reaching Everest Base Camp is just the midpoint of our adventure. We then descend back down the valley and turn our attention towards our main goal, the climb of Island Peak. Summit day on Island Peak is moderately challenging, steeper than Mera with an airy summit ridge and the views from the summit are truly unforgettable. This trip is much more than just a hike through the Everest region. Island Peak is a great climb, with a rewarding summit day, and an ideal way to launch into the lofty world of Himalayan mountaineering.
Day 1 : Join Kathmandu
Day 2 : In Kathmandu (1330m), gear check & half day sightseeing
Day 3 : Fly Lukla (2800m). Trek to Ghat (2530m). Walk approx 2 hours
Day 4 : To Monjo (2850m). Walk approx 4-5 hours
Day 5 : To Namche Bazaar(3440m). Walk approx 3-4 hours.
Day 6 : Rest day Namche Bazaar
Day 7 : To Deboche (3770m). Walk approx 6-7 hours.
Day 8 : To Dingboche (4360m)
Day 9 : Rest day in Dingboche.
Day 10 : To Lobuche (4930m). Walk approx 6 hours
Day 11 : To Gorak Shep (5288m) and Kala Pattar (5545m). Walk approx 5 hours
Day 12 : To Base Camp (5360 m). Walk approx 7 hours.
Day 13-14 : To Chukkung & rest day
Day 15 : To Island Peak Base Camp (5090m)
Day 16 : Preparation Day at Base Camp (5090m)
Day 17 : Summit Island Peak (6189m) & return to Base Camp (5090m)
Day 18-19 : Return to Namche
Day 20 : To Lukla (2800m). Walk approx 8 hrs.
Day 21 : Fly to Kathmandu (1330m).
Day 22 : In Kathmandu, trip concludes
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 22 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu
- 21 breakfasts, 19 lunches and 19 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$900
- Return flights to/from Lukla included
- 25kg luggage allowance on Lukla flights
- Expert bilingual guide and group medical kit
- World Expeditions mountaineering leader
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- World Expeditions duffle bag
- Climbing pack including ice axe, crampons, harness and helmet
- Portable high altitude chamber
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry personal and group equipment and porter's insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Everest Base Camp & Island Peak tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Everest Base Camp & Island Peak tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Everest Base Camp & Island Peak tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.