- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Everest Base Camp trek
- Sherpa village of Namche Bazaar
- Side walks from Dingboche
This classic trek gives you a once in a lifetime chance to get right up close to Everest. It is a tough trek that needs some preparation, but immensely rewarding. The journey starts in Kathmandu, where we spend a day touring this incredible city with the evening free to explore at leisure.
The next morning we catch an early flight to Lukla to begin our two week journey trekking through the mountains. We pace the itinerary sensibly with acclimatisation days en-route in Namche Bazaar and Dingboche. As we climb up through the mountains our days will be rewarded with incredible views of Everest and nighta are spent in comfortable trekking lodges dotted along the way.
We make the final push up the Khumbu glacier to our target of Everest Base Camp, W'ell also take a short trek up to Kalar Pattar for the best view of Mount Everest and Lhotse, weather permitting. We then begin our decent winding our way back down the mountains before flying back to Kathmandu.
Once back in Kathmandu, we transfer to Bhaktapur to enjoy the beautiful architecture and experience traditional Nepalese life. The next day make the short journey back to Kathmandu, stopping to see Boudhanath Buddhist stupa, and the Hindu pilgrimage temple of Pasupatinath en-route. The evening is free for a final meal in Kathmandu.
Day 1 : Arrive in Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel
Day 2 : Fly to Lukla and start trekking to Phakding
Day 3 : Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar
Day 4 : Namche Bazaar. Acclimatisation day
Day 5 : Trek from Namche Bazaar to Thengboche
Day 6 : Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche
Day 7 : Dingboche – acclimatisation day
Day 8 : Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche
Day 9 : Trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep and Kalar Pattar (flexible day)
Day 10 : Trek from Gorak Shep to Everest Base Camp (flexible day)
Days 11-13, Trek from Lobuche to Lukla via Devoche and Namche Bazaar
Day 14 : Finish trek, and fly to Kathmandu
Day 16 : Kathmandu. Free time. Transfer to airport
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers, including 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Tips for drivers
- Services of a trekking guide and porters throughout the trek
- All entrance fees to sites visited in the itinerary
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary (budget approx. US$250 for lunches & dinners on the trek)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for trekking guide and porters
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 72+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Everest Base Camp tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 August 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Everest Base Camp tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Everest Base Camp tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.