- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 45
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
Keen to experience the vibrant sites and culture of Nepal? This 9 day Essential Nepal tour lets you experience the wonders, incredible natural beauty and history of Nepal. Home to the Himalayas, meet with local villagers, visit sacred temples and religious sites and explore the colourful towns and villages. Take a journey to Nepal's capital Kathmandu, to the green jungle of Chitwan National park and beautiful landscapes in Pokhara.
Day 1: Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu City Tour
Day 3: Kathmandu, Pokhara
Day 4: Pokhara, Nayapul, Trek Tolka
Day 5: Trek to Dhampus
Day 6: Trek to Phedi, Chitwan
Day 7: Chitwan National Park
Day 8: Chitwan, Kathmandu
Day 9: Kathmandu
- 3 star hotels and local lodge during trekking in Nepal
- 8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- Air conditioned, modern coach or mini-bus
- Arrival and Departure transfers on first and last day of the trip
- Services of local guide, trekking guide, naturalist in jungle activities in Chitwan.
- Tolka, Dhampus, Phedi
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Essential Nepal tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 36+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential Nepal tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2021, a deposit of 80 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Essential Nepal tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential Nepal tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Larger tour groups will be separated according to the local physical distancing regulations.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is strongly recommended. Frequently touched surfaces will be regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?