- City sightseeing
- Mountain flights
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Beginning in Kathmandu, there's ample time to discover the capital's staggeringly rich cultural and artistic heritage
- Whether it's flying, hiking, driving or canoeing, you'll experience Nepal's stunning natural beauty from all angles
- A breathtaking Everest flight gives you the chance to witness some truly worldclass mountain scenery
- The beautiful Chitwan National Park, brimming with exotic bird life and game, offers a vast array of activities. Enjoy a jeep safari and a jungle walk with an expert resident naturalist
This adventure encompasses much of what makes Nepal so beloved by travellers. Whether you’re exploring the exotic capital of Kathmandu, discovering Pokhara, beneath awe-inspiring snow-capped peaks, or exploring the rural beauty around the hilltop village of Tansen, finding spirituality in Lumbini - the birth place of Buddha or exploring Chitwan National Park in search of big game. Undoubtedly the amazing flight to view Sagarmatha (Mount Everest) up-close will take your breath away. Nepal is incredible. You’ll be left with no doubt why so many return to the country time and time again.
Bhutan is perhaps the most mysterious and diverse of all the Himalayan kingdoms, where for centuries a traditional Buddhist culture has thrived in isolation from the rest of the world. It is a country that puts its people and environment first – a place where progress is measured in gross national happiness not GDP, and that’s not just carbon neutral, but carbon negative. It’s a place of lush forested valleys, fortified monasteries, sacred mountains, and art and architecture unique to the region. This journey begins in Paro and heads straight to Thimphu, where there are two days to discover the history and heritage of this charming and serene capital. Walk in the countryside and back in time with visits to the beautiful Punakha and Haa Valleys. Here the rural lifestyle and architecture of Bhutan is explored before returning to Paro. Finish with a true highlight – the spectacular Taktsang (the Tiger’s Nest), a small monastery clinging to a rocky cliff 900 metres above the valley floor. A journey through the astonishing beauty of the people, landscape and culture of Bhutan will have your happiness levels off the scale.
Chitwan National Park
Paro - Thimphu
Tiger's Nest Monastery - Paro
- Comfortable Hotel (15 nights), Jungle Lodge Feature Stay (2 nights), Paro Heritage Lodge Feature Stay (2 nights)
- 18 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 10 Dinners
- Bus , Minibus
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Kathmandu - Everest Scenic Flight
- Kathmandu - Pashupatinath Temple
- Kathmandu - Bodhnath Stupa
- Bhaktapur - Leader-led walking tour
- Bhaktapur - Changu Narayan Temple
- Lumbini - Heritage Park
- Chitwan NP - Village tour
- Chitwan - Canoe safari, bird watching walk or jeep safari
- Thimpu - Folk & Heritage Museum
- Thimpu - National Library
- Punakha Valley - Chimi Lhakhang
- Punakha - Punakha Dzong
- Punakha - Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten
- Paro - Tadzong Museum
- Paro - Taktsang (Tiger's Nest) Monastery hike
- Complimentary Airport Departure Transfer
- Any international flights to Kathmandu and from Paro are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Essence of Nepal & Bhutan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 258+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essence of Nepal & Bhutan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 July 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Essence of Nepal & Bhutan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essence of Nepal & Bhutan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Embracing the slow pace and meditative atmosphere will go a long way toward your enjoyment of these beautiful countries.
- There are some beautiful, but windy drives in both countries. If you are prone to motion sickness, please bring medication with you.
- In Bhutan short distances can take much longer to travel due to small, narrow roads and mountain passes.
- Exploring Chitwan National Park's beautiful trails on foot requires a reasonable level fitness, and the hike to Tiger’s nest can be strenuous. The altitude is up to 3120 metres and can take around 5 hours return.
- Please be aware of altitude when you arrive in Bhutan. Paro is at 2250 metres. As a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
- The hotel in Tansen is in an unbeatable location with breathtaking panoramic views, though not quite of the same standard as the other accommodation on this trip.
- All meals are included while in Bhutan, due to the nature of tourism in this beautiful country. This means there may be limited choices on some days.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Your fellow travellers