- Sightseeing at the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu City.
- Visit Namche Bazaar, the Sherpa capital & the gateway to the Everest.
- Attend Everest Base Camp & hike up to Kalapather for majestic views of Everest & others.
- Most scenic helicopter flight back to Kathmandu head-to-head with the Himalayas.
The Everest Base Camp trek itself is one of the most popular trekking trails in the world. Six of the world's highest mountains including Everest, Lhotse, Makalu & Cho Oyu are located in the Everest region. Besides, trekking is a great way to witness the culture, tradition and daily lives of the people living in the Himalayas. The trekking trail passes through icy mountain rivers, small villages, high mountain settlements, dry lands, and Buddhist monasteries.
Upon reaching Everest Base Camp, one can spot the massive Khumbu glacier. A hike to Kalapathar gives you panoramic views of the Himalayas including Mt. Everest.
Arrive in Kathmandu and you will be transferred to your hotel.
After breakfast, meet the city guide and start Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour with visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swoyambhunath 'Monkey Temple', Pashupatinath- Hindu temple of Lord Shiva, Boudhanath- Buddhist Stupa. Afterwards, return back to the hotel.
Early in the morning, drive to the domestic airport for flight to Lukla. Meet the trekking crew at Lukla then begin the trek to Phakding. The trail is filled up with green landscape and scenic view of Kusum Kangaru.
The trek continues after breakfast with stiff walk through a beautiful pine forest alongside the Dudh Koshi River. After a while, the check-post and entrance to the Everest National Park is reached.
The trail then follows the confluence of Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers and reaches Chautara. Here, you will spot the first glimpse of Mt. Everest peering over the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge. Namche Bazaar is reached upon 2 hours of continue walking.
This day is set for acclimatizing at Namche and you will hike to Everest View Hotel for great views of Mt. Everest. Later on, return back to Namche for the overnight stay.
The trek starts with the trail being more or less smooth with few ups and downs. You will pass through Kayangjuma then Sanasa. The trail then crosses Dudh Koshi bridge to reach Punki Tenga. After a rougher climb you will arrive at Tengboche. There’s a big monastery at Tengboche.
The trek goes to the upper trail passing through several Chortens, Mani walls and small villages. You will cross the Imja Khola and Pangboche village (3900m). Then the trial enters the Imja Valley and descends to Lobuche River. After a continuous climb Dingboche is reached.
The trail climbs towards Duglha through the Khumbu Khola Valley. En-route you will pass along Dusa, Phulung Karpo and reach the Chola Lake. The trail then crosses a small bridge and ascends to Duglha. The trail still climbs up passing Chupki Larka and continues till Lobuche.
You will go through many ups and downs today, After a steady hiking of about 3 hours, you will reach EBC from where witness the Khumbu Glacier and icefall. Later on, return to Gorakshep.
This is the last day of your trek and you will hike to Kalapathar, which is popular for a 360 degree panoramic view of the Khumbu mountains including Everest. After Kalapathar, you will fly back to Kathmandu on a helicopter.
After breakfast, you shall be transferred to the international airport to catch your flight back home or to your onward destination.
- Airport pick up / drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Guided Kathmandu city tours inclusive of private vehicle and guide.
- Flight fare from Kathmandu to Lukla and Chartered helicopter Charge.
- Domestic airport departure tax.
- Accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide during the trek including his transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipment and insurance.
- Sagarmatha National park entrance Permit and fees.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees. (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- First Aid medical kit.
- Duffle bag, down jacket, sleeping bag and walking pole.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu if needed.
- Nepal entry visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs for faster service)
- International airfare and travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Tips for guide and porters (Tipping are expected but not mandatory)
- If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, the provider can customized the itinerary as per your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
- Best Seasons: Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for this trip when the weather is clear and pleasant. However, to avoid crowd and enjoy nature this trip is favorable during the winters (Jan to Feb) as well.