- Walking tour
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Kathmandu Explore the riverside Temple of Pashupatinath and Bodnath Stupa
- Kathmandu Valley Step back in time in the well preserved medieval city of Bhaktapur, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Nargakot Stunning ridge top mountain views of the Himalaya
- Gorkha Visit the hilltop home of the Gurkhas
Mountainous Nepal is home to some of the most rewarding scenery in the world, largely due to the Himalayan Mountain range running through its spine. Visit peaceful lakeside towns, ancient religious sites and search for iconic wildlife in the lowlands. Kathmandu Valley - Visit the well preserved medieval city of Bhaktapur, a UNESCO World Heritage Site Nagarkot - Stunning ridge top mountain views of the Himalayas, the highest mountain range in the world Chitwan National Park - Jungle walk and jeep safari in search of the one-horned rhinos, sloth bears and leopards.
Day 1 : Join trip in Kathmandu
Day 2 : Explore the bazaars and busy streets of Kathmandu
Day 3 : Discover the ancient City of Devotees and drive to Nagarkot
Day 4 : See the sunrise over the Himalayas in Nagarkot
Day 5 : Drive to Kurintar and enjoy whitewater rafting along the Trisuli River (optional)
Day 6 : Visit Gorkha and walk through local villages.
Day 7 : Visit the Manakamana Temple and drive to Pokhara
Day 8 : Walk through the Gurung and Chettri settlements and take in views of the Annapurna range
Day 9 : Discover Pokhara's Mountain Museum and visit the Tashiling Tibetan settlement
Day 10 : Drive to Bandipur and explore the town and its bazaar
Day 11 : Drive to Chitwan National Park
Day 12 : Search for one-horned rhino in Chitwan
Day 13 : Drive to Kathmandu
Day 14 : Free time in Kathmandu
Day 15 : Trip ends in Kathmandu
- 14 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Shangri La Hotel (4 nights)
- Niva Niwa Lodge (2 nights)
- Riverside Springs Resort (2 nights)
- The Lake Side Retreat (3 nights)
- The Old Inn Bandipur (1 night)
- Tigerland Safari Resort (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Nepal tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 72+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Nepal tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Nepal tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Nepal tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.