- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover Lhasa, the holy and ancient city of Tibet
- Explore the Tibetan plateau via the Friendship Highway
- Visit Potala Palace, Sera, Drepung Monastery, Jokhang Temple, Tashilhunpo Monastery
- Enjoy stunning views of Mt. Everest from the Base Camp on the Tibetan side
A visit to religious monasteries and monuments such as the Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery, Jokhang Temple and other cultural and heritage sites in Gyantse, Shigatse, Shakya can also offer some added joy, a whiff into the culture of this stunning destination.
The wondrous of Lhasa is generally regarded as the heart of Tibet. The place is filled with history, culture and beauty. Dominating the skyline is its powerful and historic architecture, The Potala Palace and the numerous temples and monasteries surrounding the city, such as the Jokhang and Drepung, offering travelers a first-hand experience of Buddhism in Tibet. A visit to those ancient monasteries can leave you with a sense of eternal peace for years to come.
The trip further continues with an amazing journey of the countryside, passing the towns of Gyantse, Shigatse, Lhatse, Rongbuk and Nyalam. It provides an opportunity for the travelers to relax in these extraordinary towns and immerse in the rich Buddhist culture, legendary monasteries and the Tibetan plateau.
Rongbuk and Mt. Everest Base Camp offer the most spectacular views of Everest and surrounding peaks like Shishapangma, Cho Oyu, and Gyachung Kang. These views are best seen during sunrise and sunset. After the visit to Mt. Everest Base Camp, return to Kathmandu via newly opened Nepal – China boarder Kyiroung.
Think of this tour as a combination adventure that lets you enjoy a rich cultural heritage that is best seen in those ancient cities, age-old temples and elegant palaces while enjoying the best of trekking in the Himalayas without actually having to embark on a long and tedious trek.
Day 1: Kathmandu – Lhasa by flight
Day 2: Sightseeing in Lhasa
Day 3: Sightseeing in Lhasa
Day 4: Travel to Gyantse and sightseeing in Gyantse.
Day 5: Travel to Shigatse and sightseeing
Day 6: Travel to Rongbuk
Day 7: Hike to Everest B. C. and travel to Kyirong Bazaar
Day 8: Travel to Kathmandu via Kyirong Boarder
- Transfer by private vehicle hotel - airport - hotel
- Accommodation in hotel, Lhasa on twin/double room sharing basis
- Accommodation in hotel, Gyantse and Shigatse on twin/double room sharing basis
- Accommodation in Guest, Rongbuk on twin/double room sharing basis
- Accommodation in hotel, Kyiroung Bazaar on twin/double room sharing basis
- Daily breakfast during tour in Tibet
- Sightseeing guide during stay in Tibet as per itinerary
- Transportation by private vehicle for transfer Lhasa - Rongbuk - Kyiroung Boarder - Kathmandu
- Entrance fee of temple, monasteries and monuments
- China visa fee and Tibet travel permit
- Upgrade standard hotel
- Single Suplement
- Flight ticket KTM - LXA
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- Bar bills (any alcohol drinks, mineral water, cold drinks, cigarettes, etc)
- Personal expenses: laundry, shopping
- Personal clothing
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- Lunch and dinner during stay in Tibet
- Any unseen expenses produced by circumstances beyond our control such as natural disasters
- Tips/gratitude for guide, driver and other supporting staff
- Earn US$ 58+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationCHINESE VISA: Tibet is under Chinese jurisdiction, so you are required to hold a valid Chinese visa (issued by a Chinese Embassy), as well as a valid passport. If you are coming to Lhasa from Kathmandu, you have to get a Chinese visa from Embassy of China in Kathmandu (regardless of whether you already have a Chinese visa issued in your country) as a special administrative situation exists between China and Nepal. TIBET TRAVEL PERMITS There are two kinds of permits issued for traveling in Tibet: the entry permit (TTB permit, equivalent of a visa for Tibet) and the Alien travel permit (PSB permit). Travel Agency provides both types of permit. TTB PERMIT - TIBET ENTRY PERMIT When you fly into Lhasa you will need to show this permit when checking in at the airport. Also, in order to buy a flight to Lhasa in the first place you will need to show this permit. TTB permits are also needed by groups traveling by Land Cruiser, but you can obtain this permit only authorized travel agency. PSB PERMIT - ALIEN TRAVEL PERMIT If you want to travel restricted areas in Tibet, you will need an Alien travel permit issued by the PSB (Public Security Bureau) of Tibet. The Alien travel permit is also sometimes referred to as the PSB permit. You have to send us following documents to procedure Chinese visa and Tibet Travel Permit minimum 21 days before your tour initiates. Photocopy of your passport in colors (You can scan and send us by email). Photograph (one passport photo, you can scan and send us by email)