- duration 17 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 16+ years old
- max group size 35
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Most popular trekking peak to climb in Annapurna Himalaya range.
- Great view of Annapurna, Manaslu ranges from the summit.
Chulu west peak tour begins from Beshi Sahar after driving for 5-6 hours from Kathmandu and from Beshi Sahar the way goes up slowly to Manang valley, one of the highest valleys in the world located at an elevation of 5000m. And, from Manang valley the path moves north to the Chulu West Base camp. The major highlights of the trek are passing through the Marsyangdi valley which will mesmerize you with the views of Manaslu, Gangapurna, Annapurna II, III, IV and Tilicho peak; exploring Gyaru and Pisang village and visiting Muktinath temple. Go for climbing the Chulu West Peak (6419m.) taking support from Unique Adventure and make the daydream of peak climbing experience at the regions of Annapurna come true. Spring and autumn are perfect seasons to go for climbing Chulu West Peak.
Khum and Krishna at the office did a great job in setting everything up and communication during the expedition was easy, fast and efficient.
The logistics were taken care of without any major hiccups.
This expedition is quite an undertaking with setting up both a base camp on around 5000m and a High Camp around 5600m, but everything went smoothly.
The absolut highlight were the guides:
- the general guide Bishnu who knows the Annapurna Area inside out
- the climbing guide LakCha who is extremely competent and knowledgeable about all aspects of high altitude climbing
I cant praise the guides enough and would urge you to request them specifically for any high altitude climbs !
We had a great successful summit day with amazing weather and reached the summit in record time just for sunrise !
I give Unique Adventure and Bishnu and LakCha my highest recommendation !”
Day 1: Departure to Besisahar
Day 2: Trek from Besisahar to Bahundanda
Day 3: Trek from Bahundanda to Chamje
Day 4: Trek from Chamje to Dharapani (1,900m)
Day 5: Trek from Dharapani to Chame (2,675m)
Day 6: Trek from Chame to pisang (3,300m)
Day 7: Trek from Pisang to Manang (3,500m)
Day 8: Acclimatization day at Manang
Day 9: Trek from Manang to Chulu West Camp (4,900m)
Day 10: Acclimatization day at Chulu West Base Camp
Day 11: Ascent to High Camp
Day 12: Summit Chulu West (6,419m) and back to Base Camp
Day 13: Trek to Thorung High Camp
Day 14: Trek to Muktinath crossing Thorung La pass (5,416m)
Day 15: Trek from Muktinath (3,800m) to Jomsom (2,720m)
Day 16: Fly back to pokhara
Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Airport pick up and drop off, upon arrival and departure in Kathmandu (International and domestic both).
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast.
- All ground transportation: Kathmandu - Besisahar and Pokhara - Kathmandu.
- Chulu West Peak climbing permit fee.
- Annapurna Conservation Area entrance fee.
- Food during the trek and climb (full board with breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- All guesthouse accommodation during the trekking period and North Face, Salewa, Mountain Hardware or similar tented camp accommodation during the climbing period.
- High altitude climbing leader (Sherpa guide) licensed by Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA).
- Well experienced English speaking assistant guide if the group size exceeds 3+ persons.
- Group climbing equipment including ropes, ice screws, snow bars, harness, carbine, eight figure etc.
- Domestic flight Jomsom - Pokhara inclusive with all taxes and transfers.
- Satellite phone.
- Worst case, help with all rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- Unique Adventure sleeping bag, down jacket and duffel bag.
- First aid medical kit, Oxymeter to check pulse, heart rate and oxygen saturation at higher altitude.
- All applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
- All organisational requirements.
- Hotel in KTM/Night
- Nepal visa (USD 30 for 15 days and USD 50 for 30 days).
- Your international flight to and from Nepal.
- Travel insurance (for helicopter evacuation if needed whilst trekking / climbing).
- Hotels in Kathmandu.
- Porters to carry luggage (you can add a porter when booking).
- Bar and beverage bills, tea / coffee / drinking water. Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, internet, battery charger, hot shower etc
- Tips for guide, porter, driver.
- Earn US$ 73+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationRecommended Gear Lists: 01.) Good wind/rain jacket 02.) Warm fleece jacket or jersey 03.) Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots 04.) Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu) 05.) A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband. 06.) Fleece jacket or pullover 07.) Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional) 08.) Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket 09) Down vest and/or jacket (optional) 10.) Lightweight gloves 11.) Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer 12.) Sun hat or scarf 13) Light balaclava or warm fleece hat 14.) Sunglasses with UV protection 15.) T-shirts 16.) Underwear 17.) Hiking shorts 18.) Lightweight cotton long pants 19.) Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms 20.) Fleece or wool pants 21.) Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants 22.) Thin, lightweight inner socks 23.) Thick, warm wool hiking socks 24.) Hiking boots with spare laces 25.) Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals) Other necessary equipment: 1.) Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries 2.) Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag 3.) Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter) 4.) Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag 5.) Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches) 6.) Water bottles (2 bottles recommended) 7.) Toiletries 8.) Small wash towel COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- An average group size of maximum 8 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
- I would like to stay for a few days in Pokhara after the tour. Can I do this?
- I need personal climbing equipment. Can I rent it from the tour operator?
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Does the tour include a porter? If not, how much is a porter?