Chulu west peak tour begins from Beshi Sahar after driving for 5-6 hours from Kathmandu and from Beshi Sahar the way goes up slowly to Manang valley, one of the highest valleys in the world located at an elevation of 5000m. And, from Manang valley the path moves north to the Chulu West Base camp. The major highlights of the trek are passing through the Marsyangdi valley which will mesmerize you with the views of Manaslu, Gangapurna, Annapurna II, III, IV and Tilicho peak; exploring Gyaru and Pisang village and visiting Muktinath temple. Go for climbing the Chulu West Peak (6419m.) taking support from Unique Adventure and make the daydream of peak climbing experience at the regions of Annapurna come true. Spring and autumn are perfect seasons to go for climbing Chulu West Peak.
From Kathmandu, today, we will drive to Pokhara highway all the way to reach Besisahar. It will take about 6 hours to get there. Besisahar is the headquarters of Lamjung district. We can observe some scenic views of well-known peaks along with cheering natural splendor from here.
Day 02: Trek to Bahundanda, overnight at guesthouse
From Besisahar, it will take about 6 hours for us to arrive at Bahundanda . We will walk beside Marsyangdi River and witness the beauty of the nature all around. And moreover, we can also explore the local culture and customs. We will discover that majority of Gurung people are residing here. Located at an elevation of 1310m, Bahundanda bestows superb views. We stay overnight at guest house in Bahundanda.
Day 03: Trek to Chamje, overnight at guesthouse
We today, move forward to the Ghermu and to Syange after walking for more than a few hours. We can see a magnificent view at Syange which includes waterfalls and springs. Jagat is our next stop where we can have our lunch. It takes around one hour to reach Chamche from Jagat. Here we can find several hotels and guest houses where we will stay overnight.
Day 04: Trek to Dharapani, overnight at guesthouse
After coming across few bridges, we can ascend up to the Tal village set at the altitude of 1700m. The company of beautiful and spectacular waterfalls is a fascinating part for many visitors. We will traverse several other bridges between Tal and Dharapani. It will take about 4 hours for us to arrive at our destinations. We will stay overnight at Dharapani which lies at an altitude of 1900m.
Day 05: Trek to Chame, overnight at guesthouse
From Dharapani, it takes around 5 to 6 hours to reach Chame. En-route we pass through a Bhote village where we can observe an ethnic group of Nepalese community. We will also pass through the oak and pine forest viewing some wonderful faunas and floras. Eventually, we can arrive at Chame (2675m.) where we can perceive many shops and hotels. We will stay overnight at guest house in Chame.
Day 06: Trek to Pisang, overnight at guesthouse
From Chame, we head to Pisang today viewing the splendid Lamjung Himal. We need to cross the longest suspension bridge over Marsyangdi River. After walking for quite a few hours passing the agricultural area, we can arrive at to Taleku at the elevation of 2775m. Ongoing further, we walk through the thick forested area viewing some stunning view of gigantic peaks and then ultimately reach at Pisang (3300m.).
Day 07: Trek to Manang, overnight at guesthouse
We have two options to reach Manang from Pisang. However, we take up the route via upper Pisang to Geru which is magnificent. And we can see stunning mountains in front of us. Overnight at Manang.
Day 08: Acclimatization at Manang, overnight at guesthouse
On this day we can rest for acclimatization in Manang, We can visit around Manang specially the nearer monastery at Manang. Overnight at guest house in Manang.
Day 09: Trek to Chulu West Base Camp, overnight at tented camp
From Manang (3500m.), we carry on trekking to the Yak kharka. We can see wonderful view of tall peaks while trekking. We trek around 4-5 hours today to arrive at Yak Kharka which is situated at the height of 4200m. It will take around 4 to 5 hours for us to arrive at Chulu West Base Camp from Leder. From the base camp, we can see the wonderful view of Annapurna Himalayas. The Chulu base camp is located at the height of 4900m. Overnight at tented camp in Chulu West Base Camp.
Day 10: Rest at Chulu West Base Camp, overnight at tented camp
Today we have another rest day at Chulu West Base Camp for proper acclimatization. We will stay overnight at tented camp in Chulu West Base Camp.
Day 11: Ascent to High Camp, overnight at tented camp
We today will continue ascending to High Camp. We are now trekking at the height of approximately 5100m. Here, we can amuse ourselves with the stunning peak view from the top. We will spend the night at the high camp after walking for around 4 -5 hours.
Day 12: Summit Chulu West (6,419meter) and back to Base Camp, overnight at tented camp
It takes around 9 -10 hours to reach our destinations. We have to begin the summit climbing early in the morning. Here we can abundantly enjoy the glorious view all the way through the horizon with towering mountains. We then, reach at the top of the summit of Chulu West (6419m.). Then, we return back to the Base Camp to stay overnight.
Day 13: Trek to Thorung High Camp, overnight at guesthouse
We move down t o Leder, we can observe magnificent vista of Annapurna all along with more than a few mountains. We have to trek for about 5 to 6 hours downhill. We can see the meadow land where the local people let their yaks graze. Then, we move towards Thorung Phedi which is located at an altitude of 4450m.We will walk for 3-4 hours to reach Thorung High Camp.
Day 14: Trek to Muktinath after crossing Thorung La pass (5,416meter), overnight at guesthouse
After passing the well-known pass at Thorung la pass, we straightly walk forward to Muktinath. This is one of the most noteworthy holy sites for Hindus. Sanctified water flows from the 108 taps nearby the Vishnu temple. Muktinath is also home to many tribal Tibetans and Buddhists, who visit the temple. You can also see fire eternally burning by natural gas underground. Overnight at guest house in Muktinath.
Day 15: Trek to Jomsom, overnight at guesthouse
It takes around 5 hours to reach Jomsom (2720m.) from Muktinath (3800m.). You start the trek moving down the spectacular Kali Gandaki ravine. After passing via Jharkot and Khingar settlements with classic Tibetan art and architecture, you tag on path down to Kagbeni, a prehistoric village renowned for Tibetan art. Now your track passes all the way through the shore of Kali Gandaki and come across the Eklebhatti. Jomsom, headquarter of Mustang is divided into two settlements and Kali Gandaki river passes between these two settlements. In Jomsom, you can enjoy the splendid views of Nilgiri, Tilicho peak. Overnight at guest house in Jomsom.
Day 16: Fly back to Pokhara, overnight at hotel
We fly from Jomsom to Pokhara, taking around 20 minutes. The major attractions of Pokhara are natural as well as cultural sites such as lakes, temples of Hindus and Buddhist, caves, mountain views. You can view the north region across the hill, Phewa lake to the snow peaks of the Annapurna, Manaslu, Dhaulagiri ranges. Overnight at hotel in Pokhara.
Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Leaving behind the wonderful countryside, we travel for 6 hours we return back to Kathmandu. We can either take a vehicle for a drive or fly back from the beautiful city Pokhara. On arrival at Kathmandu you will be shifted to the hotel. You can then relax for rest of the day and stay overnight at hotel.
- One night hotel in Pokhara with breakfast.
- Airport transfers (domestic).
- Chulu West Peak climbing permit fees.
- Annapurna Conservation Area entrance fees.
- Food and fuel during the trip period (full board breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea/coffee/hot chocolate, seasonal fresh fruits, boiled water).
- All guesthouse and tented camp accommodation during the trekking and climbing period; North Face, Salewa, Mountain Hardware or similar tented camp for each member, staffs, climbing Sherpa.
- One high altitude climbing leader (Sherpa guide) for climbing and biking licensed by Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA), who also assist you whilst on climbing and summit attempt as well as will carry food and gears to high camps.
- One assistant guide.
- Expert cook (to cook hygienic food) and kitchen boy to help in the kitchen.
- Porters / Yaks to and from base camp (carry food, tents, trekkers’ luggage, equipment).
- Equipment allowances and wages for the climbing Sherpa guide, cook, kitchen boys, porters.
- Insurance for the climbing Sherpa guide, cook, kitchen boys, porters.
- Group climbing equipment such as necessary ropes, ice screws, snow bars, harness, carbine, eight figure etc.
- Mountain biking mechanics.
- Flight Jomsom – Pokhara..
- Satellite phone.
- Mountain cans cleaning at high camps.
- Rescue and evacuation arrangement.
- All camping equipment such as sleeping tent, store tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, table, chairs and necessary kitchen utensils.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- All government paper works and procedures, applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulation.
- First aid medical kit, Unique Adventure International duffel bag for trekking and area map.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepalese restaurant.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Mountain biking hire.
- Nepal Visa (US $ 30 cash and two passport size photo required).
- Personal climbing gears.
- Your international flight.
- Optional trip if extended.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Extra hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara (early arrival, late departure or early return from the mountain).
- Personal travel / medical / climbing insurance which covers travel, medical, accident, evacuation etc.
- Personal nature of expenses such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Gratitute (tip) for the staffs.