- Bird watching
- Local culture
- Museum and gallery visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Go on an elephant safari in Chitwan National Park
- See a variety of endangered animal species, including one horned rhinos
- Walk through a dense, tropical jungle
- Enjoy birdwatching
Enjoy our pickup service from Kathmandu or Pokhara and travel to Chitwan in an air-conditioned tourist bus. Covering an area of 932 square kilometres, the national park is home to a variety of endangered species, including 500 one-horned rhinos, around 120 Bengal tigers and a large number of lumbering elephants, crocodiles, pythons, deer and brilliantly colored birds.
Visit a traditional Tharu village on the first day of the trip. The Tharu people have been living in the jungles of the southern plains of Nepal and northern parts of India since time immemorial. Go out on an elephant safari, ride a canoe and visit an elephant breeding centre on the second day of the trip.
The third day of the trip involves birdwatching in the morning before you prepare for the departure. We will drive you to Pokhara or Kathmandu in a tourist bus after the trip is over.
It might be better to add 1 more layer, considering the weather.
Since a bit earlier than year end holiday, I could spend more quiet time.
On the way to back, I met more people who were going up.
Mr Bibek, the guide was knowledgeable and explained the mountains.
He was good advisor also for health conditions but you should know yourself first.”
Day 1: Kathmandu – Chitwan
Day 2: A full day at Chitwan National Park
Day 3: Birdwatching and departure
- Transportation to and from Kathmandu/Pokhara by deluxe, air-conditioned tourist bus
- Accommodation provided in air-conditioned rooms in Chitwan
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) while in Chitwan
- All activities as per the itinerary
- A highly experienced safari guide during the trip
- National park and conservation area permits & fees
- Government tax
- Meals on the way, to and from the national park
- Private transport or flight
- Travel insurance
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, and laundry.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
The programme mentions an elephant ride. Is it possible to exchange that for a jeep safari?
Unfortunately, this is a tour organized according to a fixed itinerary. So any amendments to this tour cannot be made. If you prefer a Jeep safari, check out some of our other tours that offer this activity instead:
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- Is the transfer between Kathmandu/Chitwan and Chitwan/Pokhara included in the price? And if so, which kind of vehicle is it?