- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Annapurna Sanctuary trek Trek through stunning mountain scenery to reach the Sanctuary's natural amphitheatre
- Pokhara Relax after the trek by the lakeside or visit the nearby Tibetan village and Buddhist Monastery
- Kathmandu Spend time wandering through Durbar Square and exploring the capitals temples and stupas
An exciting 9-day trek to the vast natural amphitheatre of the Annapurna Sanctuary. Leaving the terraced fields and forests of the foothills behind, pass under the great bulk of the 'Fishtail' Mountain to Annapurna Base Camp to find yourself surrounded by the snow-capped peaks of some of the world's highest mountains. Teahouses - Enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow trekkers and Nepali hospitality in cosy mountain lodges Pokhara - Post trek relaxation by the lakeside or visit the nearby Tibetan village and Buddhist Monastery Kathmandu - Wander through Durbar Square and explore the capital's temples and stupas
Day 1 : Join trip Kathmandu
Day 2 : Trek briefing; walking tour of old Kathmandu
Day 3 : Drive to Pokhara; prepare for trek
Day 4 : Drive to Badaldanda; trek on stone steps to Ghandruk
Day 5 : Hike via Taulung to Chhomrong
Day 6 : Trek through rhododendron forest to Dovan
Day 7 : Trek past waterfalls and bamboo forest to Deurali
Day 8 : Trek to Machhapucchre Base Camp (3720m)
Day 9 : Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4130m); descend to Machhapucchre Base Camp
Day 10 : Descend to Bamboo
Day 11 : Trek to Jhinnu Danda via Chhomrong
Day 12 : Walk to Simai; drive to Pokhara
Day 13 : Free day in Pokhara to relax
Day 14 : Drive to Kathmandu
Day 15 : Trip ends in Kathmandu
- 14 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Yellow Pagoda Hotel (3 nights)
- Hotel Pokhara Batika (3 nights)
- Ghandruk Tea House (1 night)
- Chomrong Tea House (1 night)
- Tip Top Lodge (1 night)
- Deurali Tea House (1 night)
- Machhapuchhre Tea House (2 nights)
- Bamboo Lodge (1 night)
- Jhinnu Danda Lodge (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Annapurna Sanctuary Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 67+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Annapurna Sanctuary Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Annapurna Sanctuary Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, altitude sickness can be treated and the trekker may wish to continue. If not, the rest of the group can continue on if they want and the sick person can descend.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.