- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Stay overnight at Annapurna Base Camp surrounded by mountains
The Annapurna Himal is a vast massif with several peaks above 7000m. Part of the range forms a natural amphitheatre known as the Annapurna Sanctuary, ringed by such giants as Annapurna 1, Glacier Dome, Gangapurna, Fang and Machhapuchhare. The trek starts through forested hillsides before arriving into the Sanctuary with its panoramic views of the Annapurna. At higher altitudes the close-up mountain views are perhaps the finest in the world. There is a day to explore this breathtaking mountain arena before returning to Pokhara via a different route.
Day 1: Start Kathmandu.
Day 2: Drive to Pokhara and on to Naya Pul; short walk to Birethanthi.
Day 3: Climb to lower Banthanti.
Day 4: Ascend through rhododendron forests to Upper Ghorepani.
Day 5: Optional early morning ascent of Poon Hill for incredible views of the
Annapurnas, Machhapuchhare and Dhaulagiri at sunrise. After breakfast head
through rhododendron forests to Chuili.
Day 6: Descend to the Kyumnu Khola and climb up into the Modi Khola valley to
Day 7: Trek up the Modi Khola valley towards the Annapurna Sanctuary; overnight in
Day 8: Continue up the valley to Machhapuchhare Base Camp (3700m).
Day 9: Explore the high alpine wilderness of the Annapurna Sanctuary. Stay at
Annapurna Base Camp.
Day 10: Descend back down the valley to Bamboo.
Day 11: Ascend and descend stone steps to Chhomrong. Descend steeply through terraces
Day 12: Trek to Sinwai; transfer from Naya Pul to Pokhara.
Day 13: Free day in Pokhara.
Day 14: Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 15: End Kathmandu.
- 4 nights standard hotels and 10 nights teahouses
- All breakfasts Morning bed-tea on trek
- All transport and listed activities
- Welcome drink at each overnight lodge
- Full porterage throughout trek
- Exodus kitbag Trekking map (provided locally)Trekking permit and national park fees
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Annapurna Sanctuary Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Annapurna Sanctuary Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 February 2022, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Annapurna Sanctuary Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?