- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stay overnight at Annapurna Base Camp surrounded by mountains
- Explore the Annapurna Sanctuary, a huge amphitheatre ringed by glistening peaks
- Enjoy sunrise views of Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhare and the Annapurnas from Poon Hill
- Trek through magnificent forests, terraced fields and pretty villages
The Annapurna Himal is a vast massif with several peaks above 7000m. Part of the range forms a natural amphitheatre known as the Annapurna Sanctuary, ringed by such giants as Annapurna 1, Glacier Dome, Gangapurna, Fang and Machhapuchhare. The trek starts through forested hillsides before arriving into the Sanctuary with its panoramic views of the Annapurna. At higher altitudes the close-up mountain views are perhaps the finest in the world. There is a day to explore this breathtaking mountain arena before returning to Pokhara via a different route.
Day 1: Start Kathmandu.
Day 2: Drive to Pokhara and on to Naya Pul; short walk to Birethanthi.
Day 3: Climb to lower Banthanti.
Day 4: Ascend through rhododendron forests to Upper Ghorepani.
Day 5: Optional early morning ascent of Poon Hill for incredible views of the Annapurnas, Machhapuchhare and Dhaulagiri at sunrise. After breakfast head through rhododendron forests to Chuili.
Day 6: Descend to the Kyumnu Khola and climb up into the Modi Khola valley to Chhomrong.
Day 7: Trek up the Modi Khola valley towards the Annapurna Sanctuary; overnight in Dobhan.
Day 8: Continue up the valley to Machhapuchhare Base Camp (3700m).
Day 9: Explore the high alpine wilderness of the Annapurna Sanctuary. Stay at Annapurna Base Camp.
Day 10: Descend back down the valley to Bamboo.
Day 11: Ascend and descend stone steps to Chhomrong. Descend steeply through terraces to Jhinnudanda.
Day 12: Trek to Sinwai; transfer from Naya Pul to Pokhara.
Day 13: Free day in Pokhara.
Day 14: Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 15: End Kathmandu.
- 4 nights standard hotels and 10 nights teahouses
- All breakfasts
- Travel by private bus and one internal flight
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 11 days point-to-point walking with full porterage
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader and local staff. Min. age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 4130m, average 2440m
- Between 5 and 8 hours walking per day
- Numerous stone steps
- Morning bed-tea on trek
- Welcome drink at each overnight lodge
- 4 nights standard hotels and 10 nights teahouses
- Tour leader throughout, plus local staff (staff to client ratio of 1:4 on trek)
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full porterage throughout trek
- Exodus kitbag
- Trekking map (provided locally)
- Trekking permit and national park fees
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Annapurna Sanctuary Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Annapurna Sanctuary Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 January 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Annapurna Sanctuary Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.