The trek begins from the beautiful lakeside city of Pokhara where we will take a short bus ride to Nayapul village. Hereafter the trekking starts and aside from great scenery we will also encounter wildlife, beautiful small villages, white foaming rivers, and rhododendron forests (the Rhododendron is Nepal's national flower). Ascending along the trail we reach the bank of the river to Tirkhadunga where we will spend our first night.
Next day we ascend along the trail to Ghorepani appreciating its magnitude of colorful orchids and admiring clear views of the towering Mt. Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna range. The next morning we will get to Poonhill and get awe-inspiring views. After having breakfast we then trek east to Tadapani (2590m), crossing rhododendron forests, whereafter we will catch sight the huge and wonderful fishtail shaped Mt. Machhapuchhare.
We will also pass through the scenic village of Landruk, and reach Thorkha we will stay for a night. On the final day of our trek we pass through Dhampus village, another charming local village. Finally we then trek down to Phedi where we will have lunch and then be transported back to Pokhara.
This is a great little trek. If you can walk 5 hours a day you can do this trek. If you have any doubts on your physical fitness we recommend that you book a porter, which can be done before checkout on trekbooking as well.
Day 02: Pokhara to Pothana
Day 03: Pothana to Landruk
Day 04: Landruk to Ghandruk
Day 05: Ghandruk to Tadapani
Day 06: Tadapani to Ghorepani
Day 07: Ghorepani/Poon Hill to Tikhedunga
Day 08: Tirkhadunga to Nayapul to Pokhara .
- Pickup and drop-off at the airport, using a private vehicle
- All standard meals like Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner, during the trek, including a cup of tea or coffee during breakfast.
- Guesthouse accommodation during the trek.
- Equipment like sleeping bag and down jacket, if you do not have your own.
- All ground transportation.
- A professional English speaking guide, including his food, transport, accommodation, salary, equipment, e.t.c.
- Monastery fees.
- Arrangement of emergency helicopter rescue service, if needed.
- All necessary trekking permits
- Two nights deluxe accommodation in Pokhara.
- First aid kit
- Drinks and beverages
- Sweet things like chocolate and others.
- Your personal expenses.
- Activities in Pokhara and Kathmandu.