- duration 18 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Savour magnificent mountain views across to Mustang and Western Tibet
- Two high pass crossings at Kang La (5320m) and Thorong La (5416m)
- Journey into the remote Nar Valley
- Feast your eyes on Manaslu (8156m), the world's 7th highest mountain
A dramatic trek into the remote region of Nar coupled with two high pass crossings at Kang La and Thorong La.. This classic Himalayan trek, first opened in 1977, is still magnificent and just got better with our updated 2020 itinerary. We follow the usual Annapurna circuit and trek into the secluded and rugged valleys of Nar, a former trading town connecting to the ancient Kingdom of Mustang. This trek offers incredible geographical and cultural diversity ranging from Hindu villages in the lush foot hills to the Tibetan Buddhist settlements in the far west. We navigate through alpine meadows to reach the base of Kang La and be rewarded with stunning views of countless 6000m peaks looming in the distance. After cross Kang La Pass (5320m) we rejoin the main trekking trails through to Thorong. There is a dramatic change as we trek north of the Great Himalayan Divide and cross the Thorong La (5416m). We are now on the Tibetan Plateau, a stark and rugged landscape, where the culture is predominantly Buddhist. We follow the Kali Gandaki Valley, one of the deepest gorges on earth and into the heart of the towering Annapurnas and Dhaulagiri. Stunning landscapes, diverse culture and high pass crossings - this is one of Annapurna's finest treks.
Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2 : In Kathmandu (1330m)
Day 3 : Drive to Besisahar & Bhulbhule. Drive approx 7 hrs.
Day 4 : To Syange (1136m). Walk approx 5-6 hrs.
Day 5 : To Tal (1710m). Walk approx 5-6hrs.
Day 6 : To Danakyu (2360m). Walk approx 6 hrs.
Day 7 : To Bharthang (2840m). Walk approx 6-7 hrs.
Day 8 : To Pisang (3475m). Walk approx 6 hrs.
Day 9 : To Ngawal (3600m). Walk approx. 5-6hrs
Day 10 : To Braga (3450 m ). Walk approx. 2-3hrs
Day 11 : To Manang & Thare Gompa (3930m). Walk approx. 5-6hrs
Day 12 : To Yak Kharka (3980m). Walk approx 4 hrs.
Day 13 : To Thorong Phedi (base of the pass - 4500m). Walk approx 4 hrs.
Day 14 : To Muktinath (3802m) via Thorong Pass (5416m). Walk approx 10-12 hours.
Day 15 : To Jomsom. Walk approx 5 hrs.
Day 16 : Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara and onto Kathmandu.
Day 17 : Trip concludes Kathmandu.
Day 18 : Trip concludes in Kathmandu
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 17 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in our fully serviced wilderness campsites
- 16 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 13 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$650
- Flight Jomsom/Pokhara/Kathmandu US$256
- An extra 5kg luggage allowance on Jomsom to Pokhara flight, total 20kg
- Private air conditioned transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Medical kit
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
- Porter's insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 120 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 80 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 329 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 14 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Annapurna Circuit via Kang La and Nar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Annapurna Circuit via Kang La and Nar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.