- Witness high mountains of the Annapurna range & other snow-capped peaks.
- Hike to Poon hill, the Himalayan view-point, for amazing sunrise view over the Himalayas.
- Crossing over the high mountain pass, Thorang-La at 5,416 meters.
- Relaxe & rejuvinate in natural hot springs at Tatopani.
The trail of the Annapurna Circuit is rated as the world’s top ten trekking trails. This challenging trek is a quest for any trekking enthusiasts and has been pulling hordes of trekkers from around the world. The terrain of the Annapurna region explodes with amazing natural beauty coupled up with age-old culture and traditions of the people living in the high Himalayas.
You trek past remote valleys, high mountain villages, alpine lakes, icy-cold glaciers, lush green forests, and raging mountain rivers. The Kali Gandaki gorge, the deepest in the world, adds to another interesting feature of the trek. The Annapurna Circuit trek is a great journey of trekking in the high Himalayan trails.
Please refer to the itinerary section for day-by-day activities of this 21-day trip.
After landing at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu from your designated destinations, you will be received by our representative at the arrival gate who will then transfer you to you allotted hotels.
You can either visit the city or relax at the hotel to overcome your jet lag.
The Kathmandu sightseeing trip will begin in the morning. After breakfast, you will be taken towards Kathmandu Durbar (Palace) Square, one of the heritage sites where you can view many historical and cultural monuments.
Later, you will visit another heritage site known as Pashupatinath Temple. This is a sacred Hindu Temple of Lord Shiva which is always crowded by Hindu pilgrims.
After lunch, a visit to the Buddhist pilgrimage Swoyambhunath (famous by the name of Monkey temple among tourists) will be carried forward. Likewise, Boudhanath Shrine will be covered by the evening.
After the sightseeing, there will be a seminar for you to attend to discuss the upcoming trekking plans.
The Annapurna Circuit Trekking will start with a drive to Besi Sahar from Kathmandu. During this 6-7 hours car ride, you can see the scenic suburbs and countryside of Nepal. After you reach Besi Sahar, you can go around the beautiful hill city to make the most of your remaining time in the day.
On this day, you will start walking downhill on a sub-tropical forest to reach the Khudi Village. This is a scenic route as it provides the views of Hiunchuli, Manaslu and Peak 29 (Ngadi Chuli).
You will reach Bhulbhule for a quick breather and head towards Bahundanda crossing the Ngadi village on the way.
Once again, the day will start with a descent on a steep trail towards Syange Village. Passing few suspension bridges, you will reach Chamje via Jagat.
The trek to Bagarchap requires you to cross the Marshyangdi River while walking through bamboo and rhododendron forests. After few hours of hike, you will come across a large waterfall area which is known as Tal (1675m).
After enjoying some time at the waterfall site, you will proceed towards Bagarchap, a village known for its typical Tibetan architecture.
The day’s hike starts with some ascent from the onset. After some steep climb, you will reach Danaque from where you can enjoy the panoramic views of Lamjung, Annapurna II, and Annapurna IV. Following Marshyangdi upstream, you will reach Chame for an overnight stay.
Passing Dhukur Pokhari, on the day, you will leap your step forward towards Pisang. On the route, you will be mesmerized with splendid views of Pisang peak, and Annapurna range on the north.
It will be worth a hike to reach Pisang, a beautiful high altitude village well known for Tibetan styled houses and monasteries.
On the day, you will start your journey by walking past some aromatic pine forests. By the time, you are about to reach Manang, you will witness great close up views of Gangapurna, Annapurna II & III, Tilicho, Chulu east, Pisang peak. etc.
On the way, you will cross the Marshyangdi River to reach Manang before sunset.
Getting acclimatized is very important while embarking on a high altitude trek. For this purpose, the day is reserved for the acclimatization process where you will spend a full day to get used to the altitude and the environment of higher altitude places.
However, you have a choice either to climb a nearby ridge to the north of the village or to rest in Manang. If you opt to climb the ridge, you can witness panoramic views of nearby mountains.
Leaving the gorgeous village of Manang behind, on the day, your trek will start by climbing towards Marshyangdi valley. After a strenuous ascent you will reach Gunsang village followed by Yak-Kharka. You will reach Ledar before sunset.
Walking along the east bank of the Jorsang Khola, on the day, you will hike towards Thorung Phedi. The trials are tough on the routes as they are narrow paths with unstable slopes. You will reach Thorung Phedi for an overnight stay.
This is the most awaited day of the trip as you will gear yourself up for the hike towards Thorang La (5416m), the highest point of the trek following rocky ridges. From the elevated venue, you will see the whole Dhaulagiri range.
After breathing some cool air at the highest point, you will slowly and steadily make a descent towards Chabarbu to reach Muktinath in the evening. Muktinath is well known for the Muktinath temple, a holy shrine for Hindus and Buddhists.
The day will start with a walk where you will have to follow the Kali Gandaki River to reach Jomsom, a happening place in the region as lots of tourists come here from all around the globe all year long.
Leaving the tourist hotspot behind, you will follow a trail leading towards Marpha, a village known for producing tantalizing apple brandy.
The day’s routes are all scenic providing spectacular views of Tukuche peak, Dhaulagiri, and Mt. Nilgiri. After walking for a few hours you will reach Tukuche village situated above the beautiful pine forest.
From Tukuche, two more hours walk will get you to Ghasa for an overnight shelter.
On this day, you will leave for Tatopani, known for providing relaxing hot springs. Crossing the Kaligandaki River on a suspension bridge, you will have to descent past Thapla, Kopchepani, Rupse and Chhahara to reach Tatopani. You can overcome your day’s tiredness by bathing in these hot springs.
After enjoying some morning hot spring’s therapy, you will pack your bags to proceed towards Ghorepani. On the way, you will have to cross the Kaligandaki River for one more time in the trip to reach Beni. The ending trails to Ghorepani traverse through aromatic rhododendron and Magnolia forests.
The day will start early as you need to catch one of the spectacular sunrises from Poon Hill which is just an hour’s hike from the overnight venue. Along with the sunrise view, you can also witness the eyeshot of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Himchuli and Machhapuchchhre mountains from the elevated venue.
The following time in the day, you will hike towards Tadapani which is also known for amazing mountains views.
This is the final day of your trek as you proceed towards Pokhara walking downhill on the scenic landscapes and local villages. After hiking for a few hours you will reach Birethanthi situated at the confluence of Modi and Bhurungdi Rives.
Later in the day, you will reach Nayapul from where you will be picked up for a drive towards Pokhara for an overnight stay.
After sightseeing in Pokhara during morning hours, you pack your bags to leave for Kathmandu. For the return trip, you will be offered a choice either to fly or to take road ways.
Whatever means of transportation you choose you will be left with some time to go around the streets of the capital city for shopping. The day will give you the last chance to add up to your shopping list.
As per your flight timings, you will be escorted from your hotel in Kathmandu by one of our representatives to the terminal at the Tribhuvan International Airport approximately three hours before your flight time.
- Airport pick up / drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Guided Kathmandu city tours inclusive of private vehicle and guide.
- Kathmandu - Besisahar by bus.
- Accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide during the trek including his transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipment and insurance.
- Annapurna Conservation area entrance Permit and fees.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees. (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- Nayapul - Pokhara by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in Pokhara including breakfast as per the itienrary.
- Pokhara - Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- First Aid medical kit.
- Duffle bag, down jacket, sleeping bag and walking pole.
- Breakfree Adventures T-shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- Farewell dinner in Authentic Nepali Restaurant.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Monuments entrance fees while sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara if needed.
- Nepal entry visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs for faster service)
- International airfare and travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Tips for guide and porters (Tipping is expected but not mandatory)
- If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, the provider can customized the itinerary as per your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
- Best Seasons: Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for this trip when the weather is clear and pleasant. However, to avoid crowd and enjoy nature this trip is favorable during the winters (Jan to Feb) as well.