- duration 17 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Savour magnificent mountain views across to Mustang and Western Tibet
- Cross the high pass of Thorong La (5416m)
- Explore timeless and sacred villages, such as Muktinath
- Feast your eyes on Manaslu (8156m), the world's 7th highest mountain
The classic Annapurna Circuit with a crossing of the Thorong La (5416m) and a spectacular mountain flight from Jomsom. This classic Himalayan trek, first opened in 1977, is still magnificent and just got better with our updated itinerary. We ascend the Marsyandi Valley, before crossing the wild 5416m Thorong La (pass) and into the Trans Himalayan region, protected from the monsoon by the high passes and mountains to the south. This trek offers incredible cultural and geographical diversity. The trail starts in the lush green foothills of the Annapurna range that are dotted with Hindu villages. Views of the Annapurna range are inspiring right from the start of this trek. There is a dramatic change as we trek north of the Great Himalayan Divide and cross the Thorong La. We are now on the Tibetan Plateau, a stark and rugged landscape, where the culture is predominantly Buddhist. We then trek through the Kali Gandaki Valley, one of the deepest gorges on earth, with Annapurna and Dhaulagiri towering some 5000 metres above, before returning to Pokhara via a spectacular mountain flight from Jomsom.
Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2 : In Kathmandu (1330m)
Day 3 : Drive to Besisahar & Bhulbhule. Drive approx 7 hrs.
Day 4 : To Syange (1136m). Walk approx 5-6 hrs.
Day 5 : To Tal (1710m). Walk approx 5-6hrs.
Day 6 : To Danakyu (2360m). Walk approx 6 hrs.
Day 7 : To Bharthang (2840m). Walk approx 6-7 hrs.
Day 8 : To Pisang (3475m). Walk approx 6 hrs.
Day 9 : To Ngawal (3600m). Walk approx. 5-6hrs
Day 10 : To Braga (3450 m ). Walk approx. 2-3hrs
Day 11 : To Manang & Thare Gompa (3930m). Walk approx. 5-6hrs
Day 12 : To Yak Kharka (3980m). Walk approx 4 hrs.
Day 13 : To Thorong Phedi (base of the pass - 4500m). Walk approx 4 hrs.
Day 14 : To Muktinath (3802m) via Thorong Pass (5416m). Walk approx 10-12 hours.
Day 15 : To Jomsom. Walk approx 5 hrs.
Day 16 : Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara and onto Kathmandu.
Day 17 : Trip concludes Kathmandu.
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 17 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in our fully serviced wilderness campsites
- 16 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 13 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$650
- Flight Jomsom/Pokhara/Kathmandu US$256
- An extra 5kg luggage allowance on Jomsom to Pokhara flight, total 20kg
- Private air conditioned transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Medical kit
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
- Porter's insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 84 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 311 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 01 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Annapurna Circuit tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Annapurna Circuit tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.