- Breathtaking mountain views along the trek
- Beautiful and traditional villages selected for meals and accommodation
- Beautiful green forests, various wildlife, natural hot spring
- Watch beautiful glaciers and waterfalls
The setting of Annapurna Base Camp at 4130 m is unique and incredibly spectacular, set amidst the majestic peaks of Annapurna I (8091 m), Annapurna South (7219 m), Machapuchhre (6993 m) and Hiunchuli (6441 m).
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek takes 7 to 11 days, depending on your itinerary and length of walking days. The itinerary presented here takes 11 days, starting from Nayapul (a 1 1/2 hour drive from Pokhara) and going north up to Gorepani and the famous viewpoint of Poon Hill. From Gorepani, you go eastward to Chomrong and then north again entering the Modi Kola Valley which leads up to the Base Camp.
Annapurna Base Camp Trekking is the perfect way to get up-close and personal with the great Himalayas as the base camp is surrounded by some of the most spectacular Himalayan peaks. Imagine the scene of a few houses dominated by a complete ring of Himalayan peaks; that is a view worth dying for, a view that is yours for the taking at the Annapurna Base Camp.
There are several established lodges on the way, so it is practical to trek light. This is a moderate trekking route suitable for both novice and experienced trekkers.
Welcome to the city of temples and the country of Himalayas! We will happily welcome you in Kathmandu International Airport and drive you to your designated hotel. You can get fresh and explore the city and explore local markets on your own. In the evening you will meet your trekking guide to have trip discussion.
Based on the itinerary you will either take the tourist bus, private vehicle or flight to Pokhara. The drive is scenic throughout the countryside of Nepal. The flight is even more scenic over the Himalayan peaks. You will enjoy a beautiful day in Pokhara and get ready for the trek next day. Pokhara is the city of lakes and mountains. (Optional flight with extra charges)
Wake up with fresh air in Pokhara and enjoy your breakfast before you start the drive to Phedi (about 30 minutes). The trekking trail starts with steep climbing for more than an hour. You will need to climb gentle uphill for about 2 hours before you reach Dhampus village. Dhampus village will give some impressive mountain views.
You will start another day in the fresh air. Take your breakfast in the lodge, then start gentle climbing to a small pass. From here the trail descends to Pothana (1,890M) where we will stop for lunch. The trail continues through remote villages of Deurali, Bheri Kharka and Bhichowk before we reach Tolka for overnight stay. It's a beautiful day and a natural walk.
Enjoy your breakfast in Tolka. You will commence our trek with a small downhill walk and another gentle climbing to Landruk village. You have another descending inside beautiful green forests and towering waterfalls. Once you cross the Modi Khola (stream) you will reach New Bridge and shortly reach another village; Jhinu. From Jhinu Danda, it's nearly 2 hours steep climbing where Chhomrong will be waiting for your arrival. Chhomrong is the gateway to Annapurna Base Camp and is known as a Gurkha village. Enjoy beautiful views of Annapurna South (8091M) and Hiunchuli (6441M) from here.
It's another day with lots of ups and downs throughout the trail. You will first descend to Chhomrong Khola (stream), cross it and start ascending towards Sinuwa. Sinuwa is situated on top of a hill where you will take your lunch. Once you have lunch we will continue the trek towards our destination. The trek starts with flat trail inside beautiful green forests then descends to Bamboo (2,340M). It's one more hour of gentle ascending to Dovan. This is a small village on the bank of Modi Khola, primarily focused on businesses.
Here you come with short, steep and beautiful walk towards Deurali. Once you start ascending the Himalayan peaks also comes nearer to you. No doubt it is a difficult day but the beauties of nature makes you forget the tiredness. The route between Dovan and Himalayan Hotel (2,870M) is steep. You will stop here for lunch before commencing second part of the trail to Deurali for overnight.
We pass through beautiful high alpine forests along with beautiful Himalayan views of snowy peaks. The walk through several spots known for avalanches is not less adventurous and challenging. If it is a trek in monsoon season we may need to find the alternative way to protect ourselves from avalanches coming from the top of the hills. Walking uphill for some hours we will reach Machhapuchhre Base Camp; a place surrounded by peaks in 360 degrees. The place offers views of several Himalayan peaks. The trek here becomes challenging both because of uphill walk and high altitude. Climbing further from Machhapuchhre Base Camp we may head towards Annapurna Base Camp where you will be surrounded by snow-capped white peaks from every side. It's the place with few lodges and magical / outstanding views. Enjoy your beautiful evening on this heavenly place.
Enjoy our last morning in the high Himalayas before we follow the same route to reach Bamboo. You can enjoy taking pictures and watching sunrise over the Himalayas before getting the breakfast. From here we will descend down via Machhapuchhre Base Camp, Deurali, Himalaya Hotel and Dovan to reach Bamboo for another night.
The trail from Bamboo to Jhinu is same as we followed on earlier days. From Bamboo we will start the walk after short climbing before we reach Khudi Ghar. From Khudi Ghar the trail slowly drops down to Sinuwa. From Sinuwa the trail again goes down until we cross Chhomrong Khola from where another uphill walk to Chhomrong village starts. From Chhomrong village we will have to do a sharp descend down to Jhinu. Here if time permits then you can enjoy natural hot spring bath.
Probably, this is the easiest day during the whole trek. The trail from Jhinu to Nayapul is mostly flat followed by Modi River.The trail passes through New Bridge, Kyuimi Village and Syauli Bazaar, Chimrong and Birenthati before we conclude our trek in Nayapul. It is a flat walk through rice paddies and green hills on the side. From Nayapul you will be transferred to Pokhara by a private vehicle. Enjoy another night in this beautiful city before we head to Kathmandu to end up this magical adventure.
We will follow the same highway through beautiful rivers, hills and small Nepalese settlements. The drive will take about 7 hours to drop us in Kathmandu. Form the tourist bus park you will be transferred to your hotel. In the evening you can explore the town probably buying souvenirs.
(Optional flight with extra charges)
Enjoy your last morning meal in this beautiful Himalayan country before we conclude our memorable Himalayan experience. We will drop you to the airport prior to your flight.
"End of Our Services"
- Airport pickup and drop services on a private vehicle according to itinerary
- Accommodation in Kathmandu valley according to the itinerary with complimentary breakfast
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu transportation by tourist bus (Optional flight with extra costs)
- Accommodation in Pokhara as per the itinerary with complimentary breakfast
- Pokhara - Phedi and Nayapul - Pokhara transportation by private vehicle
- Meals on full board [Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner] during the trek along with 3 cups of hot drinks
- Accommodation on best available tea houses as per the itinerary
- Experienced English speaking, government licensed and ministry of tourism trained trekking guide with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Assistant trekking guide for groups over 6 people with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide during the trek
- Necessary paper works, all government and local taxes, VAT, service charges
- Complimentary welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu at a cultural restaurant [optional]
- International airfare, Nepal visa fees ( two passport photographs ), travel and medical insurance, emergency evacuation
- Personal nature expenses ( bars and beverage bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc. )
- Costs arising from natural calamities, mishaps or anything beyond our control ( Costs are not refundable and transferable in any mean if you leave the trek voluntarily and want to return from the trek
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara ( also in the case of early returns and late departures than scheduled itinerary )
- Services not mentioned in 'Services Includes' section ( Please ask us if you are confused about any services )
Thank you so much for an amazing trip to Annapurna base Camp. It wouldn't be possible without all your helps and amazing staffs you provided. I am so thankful to you and I will never forget this adventurous trip to Annapurna. Super happy, super satisfied!”