- duration 12 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek to a dizzying 4,170m at Annapurna Base Camp
- Go whitewater rafting in beautiful scenery
- Sleep overnight in cosy mountain guesthouses
- Hike to Poon Hill at 3,232m for awesome views
Discover the Himalayas and challenge yourself on an incredible 12-day adventure. Go white-water rafting, see some of the highest peaks of the world from Poon Hill, push your limits by climbing to the Annapurna Base Camp, and enjoy spectacular sceneries in the heart of this extraordinary region.
Day 1: Kathmandu - Pokhara, Nepal
Day 2: Pokhara - Ulleri, Nepal
Day 3: Ulleri - Ghorepani, Nepal
Day 4: Ghorepani - Tadapani, Nepal
Day 5: Tadapani - Chomrong, Nepal
Day 6: Chomrong - Bamboo, Nepal
Day 7: Bamboo - Deurali, Nepal
Day 8: Deurali - Annapurna, Nepal
Day 9: Annapurna - Dovan, Nepal
Day 10: Dovan - Jhinu Danda, Nepal
Day 11: Jhinu Danda - Pokhara, Nepal
Day 12: Pokhara - Kathmandu, Nepal
- Mixed accommodation
- 2N in Pokhara budget hotel
- 9N in basic guesthouses during trek
- 1 Lunch(es)
- Pick-up, tour transport
- Kathmandu accommodation pick-up
- Bus transfers Kathmandu - Trishuli River - Pokhara - Kathmandu
- Active, multi-sport adventures
- Rafting group trip from Kathmandu
- Annapurna Base Camp trek
- English speaking guide during rafting group trip
- Private Government-licensed English-speaking guide during private Annapurna base camp trek
- Equipment & permits
- Rafting equipment & permit
- All permits for private Annapurna base camp trek
- Luggage porters
- First aid medical kits
- Other meals/drinks (min. $20USD per day)
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guides and porters
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 36+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Annapurna Base Camp Trek 12D/11N (from Kathmandu) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 July 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Annapurna Base Camp Trek 12D/11N (from Kathmandu) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Annapurna Base Camp Trek 12D/11N (from Kathmandu) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Suggested Packing List
Backpack (10 - 15 liters), sleeping bag (if desired-- sheets & blankets are provided), hiking poles, rain pants, plastic rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals/flip flops, thermals (socks, t-shirts, sweater), windbreaker, hiking trousers, shorts, wool hat/beanie, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sunglasses, flashlight/torch, camera (with extra batteries & memory card), personal medications, reusable water bottle, water purification tablets, toiletries (toothpaste, soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toilet paper, towel).
Tipping is by no means mandatory, but is customary. For a job well done, we recommend tipping 10% to your guide, porter, and driver.
All guides for this tour have completed first aid training.
You must have a high level of fitness to take part in this trek. You will be walking at high altitudes every day and it will be physically demanding. In the months leading up to your trek, try walking with your daypack, climbing long staircases and add a couple of bricks to it for real training. Undertake regular aerobic exercise such as walking, jogging, swimming or cycling. The more preparation you have done in advance, the more you will enjoy it.
Please expect to spend at least 20 USD per day on food and beverages. Please note that food costs will vary depending on the number of portions consumed, location and availability.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.