- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the best introduction to the picturesque Everest region
- Trek to the base of Ama Dablam, one of the world’s most beautiful mountains
- Take in a panoramic view of Everest and surrounding peaks
- Learn of Sherpa culture at its vibrant 'capital' Namche Bazaar
Trek above Namche and camp beneath the awesome flanks of Ama Dablam on this popular short trek in the Everest Region.. This is our most popular introduction to trekking in the Everest region. This trek weaves through the famous Buddhist villages and monasteries of the Sherpa people while affording unparalleled views of some of the world's highest peaks. The highlights of this trip are the days spent trekking above Namche Bazaar. Here we get beyond the established trails beneath the awesome flanks of Ama Dablam. From our spectacular vantage point we gain a breathtaking 360 degree mountain panorama that culminates in the distinctive summit of Everest looming above the Nuptse-Lhotse wall. A further dimension to our trek is a visit to the Sherpa villages of Khunde and Khumjung where we visit some of Sir Edmund Hillary's projects established through the Himalayan Trust.
Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu (1330m).
Day 2 : Free day in Kathmandu or drive to Ramechap (approx 5 hours)
Day 3 : Fly Lukla (2800m) and trek to Ghat (2600m). Walk approx 2 hrs.
Day 4 : To Monjo (2850m). Walk approx 4-5 hrs.
Day 5 : To Namche Bazaar (3440m). Walk approx 4-5 hrs.
Day 6 : To Kyangjuma (3550m) via Khumjung, Walk approx 3-4 hours
Day 7 : To Pangboche (3930m) via Thyangboche. Walk approx 5 hrs.
Day 8 : To Chulungche/Mingbo (4530m). Walk approx. 5 hrs
Day 9 : Day trip to Ama Dablam Base Camp (4800m) and return to Pangboche. Walk approx 6 hrs
Day 10 : To Phortse Tenga (3600m). Walk approx 5 hrs
Day 11 : To Namche (3780m). Walk approx 6 hrs.
Day 12 : To Lukla (2800m). Walk approx 7-8 hrs
Day 13 : Fly to Kathmandu or return via Ramechap
Day 14 : Trip concludes Kathmandu
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 14 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu
- Accommodation on trek in a combination of our comfortable eco lodges and private eco campsites with off the ground camp beds, mattresses and pillows and some wilderness camping
- 13 breakfasts, 11 lunches and 11 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$550
- Return flights to/from Lukla included
- An extra 5kg luggage allowance on Lukla flight, total 20kg
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment and porter's insurance
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Travel Insurance
- International flights
- Airport & departure taxes
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 112 today.
- Save US$ 74+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ama Dablam Base Camp Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Ama Dablam Base Camp Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ama Dablam Base Camp Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.