- Scenic flight passing over world's highest mountain series.
- Visit the Sherpa capital & gateway to the Everest, Namche Bazaar.
- Trek past gushing rivers, green countryside, alpine meadows, valleys, glaciers.
- Explore around Everest Base Camp & Kalapathar with majestic Mt. Everest view.
For many people, the Everest Base Camp trek is a lifelong dream coming true, allowing them to finally get close to Mount Everest, the world's highest mountain, via Everest Base Camp. The EBC trail involves small climbs and descents, traversing lush low land, alpine forests, glaciers, rivers, Buddhist monasteries, temples, and authentic Sherpa Villages.
The Everest Base Camp trek has two famous highlights - the Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar, a great viewpoint located at +5600 meters giving you close up views of Mt Everest, Mt Nuptse, and many other mountain ranges.
The delightful journey to Everest Base Camp starts with a Trans-Himalayan flight to the mountain airstrip of Lukla also known as the entry point to the Everest region. The trek starts from Lukla trekking through Phakding to reach Namche bazaar based at an elevation 3,436M, also known as the capital of the Everest region. The trek then further ascends through Sagarmatha National Park, a great habitat for rich floras and faunas before slowly getting closer to Everest Base Camp and KalaPatthar.
We look forward to giving you an amazing experience of a lifetime. Please see the itinerary for a day-by-day itinerary.
You will have to wake up early as the flight to Lukla leaves in the morning. The super scenic flight takes around 40 minutes to touch down in Lukla. You can see the most amazing natural views from the airplane window. After landing in Lukla, the trek to Phakding will start after lunch. You will reach Phakding before sunset where you will get ample time to stroll around the village.
From Phakding, the route gets a head start by crossing suspension bridges on the Dudh Koshi River towards Namche Bazaar. On the way, you will pass Sagarmatha National Park where you could see varieties of floras and faunas.
Soon, you will have to make a descent towards Jorsalle village crossing Bhote- Koshi River through a suspension bridge. You will reach Namche Bazaar, the main trading town also known as the gateway to Mt. Everest in the Khumbu Region before sunset.
Getting acclimatized is very important while embarking on a high altitude trek. For this purpose, the day is reserved for the acclimatization process where you will spend a full day to get used to the altitude and the environment of higher altitude places.
After lunch, you will be taken for a short hike towards Everest view hotel. From the hotel premises you can see the panoramic view of the Everest region.
The day will start with a hike towards Tengboche traversing different forests. The route offers magnificent views of mountains like Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Kwangde peak.
After reaching Tengboche, you will visit Tengboche Monastery which is renowned as one of the famous monasteries in the region. The monastery is situated in a beautiful location from where you could witness amazing sceneries.
The day’s trek will proceed towards Dingboche also known as the Summer Valley. The route will start by descending through rhododendron forests to reach the village of Pangboche. After few hours of hike, you will reach Dingboche, a small village in the Chukhung Valley.
Climbing through Duglha via Khumbu Khola Valley, on the day, you will proceed towards Lobuche. Descending via Duglha village, you will reach Lobuche before sunset.
This is going to be one of the most exciting days in the trek as it leap your steps towards the Everest Base Camp. You will have to make some steep ascent towards the base camp. However, during the climb you can enjoy the natural splendor of Khumbu Glacier and ice fall from the base camp site.
Also, you will have to pass over rocky dunes, moraine and streams to make you way towards the base camp. After a brief stay at the amazing high altitude site, also known as the point form of Everest expedition, you will have to hike backwards on the earlier route until you reach Gorak Shep.
On the day, you will hike towards Kala Pathar known for offering splendid 360-degree panoramic view of the world’s tallest mountains including Mt. Everest. At the Kala Pathar site, you can enjoy mesmerizing views of snow laden giants over your head. After getting enthralled at the amazing place for some time, the trek descends to Pheriche via Gorak Shep.
Walking downhill and crossing Phungithanka via Tengboche, on the day, you will proceed towards Kyanjuma, the junction of the trinity ways to Gokyo Valley. The trails pass through suspension bridge over the Dudh Koshi River. Later, leaving few rhododendron forests behind, you will reach Kyanjuma for an overnight stay.
This is an exciting day as you trek past Khumjung, a village in Khumbu region inside Sagarmatha National Park crossing bridge over Imja River to reach Monju. On the route, you will visit Hillary memorial school. Later, the trail ascends to the Syangboche airport and then descends towards the Namche Bazaar. You can explore the bazaar for some time, before heading way towards Monju for an overnight shelter.
This is the final day of the trek as you prepare yourself to hike to Lukla following the lower altitude trail in the Everest region. Traversing various Sherpa settlements, and hiking past some dense forest area covered by beautiful rhododendron and pine trees, you will slowly proceed towards Lukla. On the way, you will also see few monasteries that resemble unique Buddhist culture and tradition. You will reach Lukla before sunset.
You have completed your trekking as you wait to board a Kathmandu bound flight from Lukla. You excitement level will proliferate as the plane flies between hills before it reaches to a required elevation. The 40 minutes flight will also give you a bird’s eye view of glorious Kathmandu city by the time it prepares to land. After landing at the Tribhuvan airport, the company representative will transfer you to you designated hotels.
- Airport pick up / drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu round trip flight fare.
- Domestic airport departure tax.
- All accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- English speaking trekking guide during the trek including transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
- Sagarmatha National park entrance permit and fees.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- First aid medical kit.
- Duffle bag, down jacket, sleeping bag and walking pole.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge
- 1 Porter - Max30kg
- International airfare and travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottled water, cola, beer etc.)
- Tips for guide and porters (Tipping is recommended but not mandatory)
- If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, the provider can customized the itinerary as per your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
- Best Seasons: Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for this trip when the weather is clear and pleasant. However, to avoid crowd and enjoy nature this trip is favorable during the winters (Jan to Feb) as well.